Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
Risk Insurance Suite, our product, is a leading risk management platform, in use by the Insurance Companies around the world for modeling their products.
Risk Insurance Suite is delivered on prem, in customer cloud and we are working on SaaS implementation. SaaS is the new greenfield product with a cutting edge CI/CD pipeline – system with a single web interface and microservices run in Docker and Kubernetes containers on Cloud. As part of this team, you will closely cooperate with business and technical experts in this field, with an opportunity to grow and advance your knowledge with up to date IT industries concepts and technologies.
You can count on strong support in understanding existing Risk Insurance Suite product, great team-mates, pleasant work environment.
What you will be doing:
- Work with Product Owners to specify new enhancements to the Risk Insurance Suite applications in response to industry developments and to better meet customer needs. Ensure the requirements meet business approval. Communicate the requirements to relevant parties to ensure that the team fully understands the need.
- Actively work within an Agile Scrum team as the designated BA. Keep backlogs defined, groomed, and work with the
- Product Owner to make sure work is kept in priority order. Work with the teams to make sure the backlog is understood prior to sprint planning. Review work with the team during the sprint and at the sprint review to sign-off development.
- Understand the potential impact of the changes to the wider system. Ensure all parties fully understand the requirements and contribute to the design and architecture of the Risk Insurance Suite applications, working alongside internal development teams
- Ensure that internal actuarial teams fully understand the new developments and the impact on internal working practices. Work with internal teams to understand potential impact to clients and possible training requirements and release messaging.
- Work with the Technical Authors to keep documentation up to date; both internal, and client-facing.
- As required, support third-line helpdesk with escalated production issues.
What you bring:
- 2 years plus of Business Analysis, Product Design, or Product Ownership, ideally in a Fintech organization.
- MS Office and / or SQL
- Project / workflow tracking tools, e.g. TFS
- Understanding of current technological tools, e.g. parallelization, cloud
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Experience of working in an Agile way
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in insurance or as an actuarial knowledge is a huge plus
- Knowledge of insurance and regulatory developments in UK, Continental European and global markets
- Experience managing and prioritizing work
- Experience with Adobe Xd, Figma, or other design software
- Technical understanding of IT systems
What we offer you:
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset