About the Company:
Focused on the future of filmmaking, Wonder Dynamics is an LA-based start up founded by Actor/Producer, Tye Sheridan who’s starred in films like Ready Player One, X-Men: Apocalypse, Mud and VFX Supervisor/Filmmaker Nikola Todorovic. Their mission is to revolutionize the production and post-production process by leveraging state-of-the-art AI. They are striving to democratize the use of visual effects which will pave the way for the next generation of filmmakers. That mission attracted some of the most influential individuals in the film and tech industry that are now involved in their team.
Wonder Dynamics is backed by Epic Games, Samsung, Horizons Ventures (a Hong Kong VC firm with early investments in Skype, Siri, Facebook and more) and Founders Fund, a leading Silicon Valley VC that funded some giants like Space X, Facebook, Spotify, DeepMind, etc.)
Their Advisory Board consists of leaders in Hollywood and Silicon Valley:
- Joshua Baer, founder/CEO of Capital Factory;
- Terry Dougas, Producer and financier of Film and TV. Founder of Rhea Films,1821 Media
- Angjoo Kanazawa, assistant professor at UC Berkeley and Google research scientist;
- Joe Russo Director, screenwriter, and Producer (directed Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame)
- Robert Schwab – Private equity investor, President, and CEO of R&L Properties.
- Steven Spielberg – Film director, producer, and screenwriter
- Antonio Torralba – Professor and Head of AI and Decision making, EECS, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Gregory Trattner – President, Film Finances Inc. (World leader in completion guarantees and film services)
About the Position:
As the VFX Art Director you will be responsible for overseeing the entire creative development of content for our state-of-the-art VFX platform.
You will be a key driver of the platform's vision and will have a large amount of responsibility in defining the overall look and feel of a wide variety of characters, creatures, and environments.
We're looking for someone with a strong sense of design as well as the ability to creatively execute the highest-quality art. We value a tight-knit team that celebrates artistic freedom and pushing the creative bounds.
- Lead a team of 3D & VFX Artists to create stunning content for our platform through your skills in design and understanding of VFX
- Lead the recruitment process for 3D / VFX artists including recruiting, interviewing, onboarding and training.
- Provide artistic vision, inspirational leadership, and further development of the look and feel of the platform
- Deliver verbal or visual feedback to artists, with a focus on artistic execution
- Work with internal artists and stakeholders to communicate and maintain product vision
- Encourage artistic development of the art staff through training and mentorship
- Partner with product owners, project managers and other stakeholders to ensure schedules and plans meet business and project needs
- Welcome and encourage feedback, team discussions, and foster an environment of safe and productive iteration.
- Previous experience as a CG Supervisor, VFX Supervisor, or Creative Director in a film production environment, live-action, animation, or TV Series
- Expert understanding of VFX production and CG pipelines
- Able to assist the team in each part of the character development pipeline to ensure all characters are production ready.
- Broad knowledge and experience in several 3D art disciplines including: concept, modeling, environments, characters, lighting, etc.
- Experience with recruitment, training and supervision of 3D artists
- Experience working with and managing a remote team
- Portfolio of work which demonstrates a high-quality bar and compelling vision
- Highly creative, with an eye for high quality visuals and technical perfection
- Knowledge and experience in Unreal Engine
- Experience with Maya and Blender
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Able to give effective critiques and take feedback and criticism
- Excellent project management skills
Why should you consider joining us?
At the intersection of film and technology, this job will offer a very unique experience, and you will be exposed to a diverse set of fields spanning from film production and visual effects to AI, machine learning, and computer vision. Because we are operating in the state-of-the-art territory, there will always be something new to learn on the horizon. We highly value our team and the support of our co-workers and strive to create the best environment to work in.
We offer a competitive salary, valuable stock options and comprehensive benefits that allow individual flexibility for all employees to choose what makes the most sense for their personal situation.
Wonder Dynamics is committed to a culture of flexibility, diversity, and fun for all of our employees. We are working on some of the most challenging technical problems and we know the solutions will come from all of us working together in an inclusive, transparent and open manner.