CitizenShipper is looking for talented professionals to join our growing team.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience building APIs and backends with Node.js
- Excellent knowledge of Typescript and a preference for static typing
- Experience with testing frameworks and a strong desire to write a lot of tests
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Able to bring up a new (micro)service from scratch to fulfill product requirements
- Fluent in English (candidates who cannot communicate in English will be rejected)
- Good team player
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to mentor less experienced colleagues
- Self-motivated and proactive
In your role you will:
- Build and maintain our backend services
- Collaborate with frontend developers to build APIs for their needs
- Collaborate with ops engineers to help deploy our services to the cloud
- Design database schemas and database technologies used by our services
- Collaborate with data science team to provide them with the data they need
- Improve our CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborate with other stakeholders
Bonus points for:
- Experience with working remotely
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Terraform or similar IaC tools
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as GitHub Actions or Gitlab CI
- Experience with other backend technologies and languages such as Elixir, Golang, Python, Ruby etc.
- Huge bonus for experience with Rust
- Huge bonus for experience with PostGIS or other geospatial databases
- Passionate about functional programming
- Proven experience developing and building applications (github link on repo)
As a share-economy transportation marketplace, CitizenShipper connects people who need items delivered with the drivers able to complete the delivery. Our main focus is on facilitating pet transportation – to date, we’ve helped reunite thousands of owners with their pets.
Why join us?
- Our team is multicultural and international
- We have a “minimal meetings” culture
- We have a flat organization without micromanaging.
- Everyone works remotely (from home)
- We’re still growing, and you have a lot of room to grow with us
- Generous parental (maternity and paternity) leave policy – up to 14 weeks!
- $50/month book allowance
- $2,000/year Professional development budget
- Full paid light work week (max 10-15 hours) each quarter