WorkSpan is the #1 partner ecosystem management platform. That is, we help companies connect and collaborate with their business partners on a live network with cross-company business applications to build, market, and sell together. Companies can securely exchange data with trusted partners and have real-time visibility and insights. Our customers are large technology enterprises including Microsoft, SAP, Accenture, Cisco, VMware, etc.
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our amazing team in Europe.
In this role, you will work with other specialists, Product Managers, and Design teams to solution and develop features for our users. You will develop new software, APIs, and data models, create flexible, reusable software components that help us build functionality quickly and easily. If you are looking for a place where you are encouraged to provide feedback, challenged to do your best work, and have an amazing team to support you – WorkSpan is the place to be. Our leadership team is dedicated to mentoring and helping you achieve your goals, so you can span all borders on delivering awesomeness.
As our Backend Engineer you will:
- Build efficient, scalable, reusable back-end services and RESTful APIs to power our Web and Mobile applications
- Develop and maintain code quality standards and best practices.
- Enforce standards through regular code reviews.
- Write and maintain internal tools to help increase developer efficiency and effectiveness.
- Analyze and improve performance by utilizing data to oversee product and user engagement (e.g. volumes and activity, key demographics & trends, etc.) and bring to light areas for improvement.
- Prepare and declare recommendations, reports, and findings from experimental data all the way up to the executive level.
- Deliver Awesomeness
Skills and Qualifications we are looking for:
- Knowledge in web application development (i.e., prior experience in building large scale web applications)
- Experience in web application performance tuning
- Experience maintaining large and growing codebases in a fast-paced environment is a plus.
- Understanding of server-side programming languages such as Python / Java / C#.
- 2+ years of work experience in similar roles
What We Do and Value:
WorkSpan is the first-ever Ecosystem Cloud – an online platform where companies are working together to build-with, market-with, and sell with all of their ecosystem partners on a single, secure, connected network.
- The working atmosphere at WorkSpan is positive and collaborative.
- We share information openly and broadly because we believe the best way to empower each other is to actively build trust with transparent, honest, and free-flowing communication.
- We are flexible in our opinions and always open to new ideas.
- We innovate continuously, with a focus on long-term success.
- WorkSpan is an equal opportunity employer. We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, backgrounds, cultures, weaknesses, opinions, and interests to make our company succeed. We celebrate our differences and are lucky to have teammates all over the world.
Perks to make you perky:
We love to show our teammates that we care deeply about them and their well-being. In addition to our amazing culture, as our teammate you will also enjoy some phenomenal perks and benefits:
- The fun, growing, casual, and inclusive work environment
- Growth opportunity in a fast-growing company – we want you to evolve towards your best self
- Unlimited paid time off – because work-life balance is important; take a break, enjoy and explore life and come back refreshed, recharged and ready to deliver awesomeness
- Team building events around Europe – pack your bag and meet/work/party with your teammates
- Flexible working hours
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world and from wherever you feel happiest