Flatfox is looking for a passionate Backend Engineer for the further development of their digital platform. If you are experienced in Python (Django) then Flatfox is the right place for you.
Flatfox is a pioneer among Swiss PropTech companies. It enables real estate managers and agents to rent out residential property more easily and more quickly. With its free property market place, services for tenants and handling of tenancy changes, Flatfox provides comprehensive support for real estate professionals through the entire tenancy cycle. Flatfox is founded in 2012, has over 30 employees and offices in Bern and Zurich.
Challenging things you’ll work on:
- You will work in a team of about 15 Software Engineers and UX Designers on the further development of the Flatfox platform. The team consists of engineers working in our offices in Bern and Zurich, as well as an existing team working from Belgrade.
- You will take on new requirements from the product team and you will develop the technical architecture and implementation of the features together with the other engineers and the UX team.
- You join discussions with other engineers to discuss complex topics and find easy software patterns to solve these. Also, you will help to constantly improve the quality by doing code reviews within the team.
- You identify improvement potential and opportunity to make Flatfox as a Software even more scalable and stable. DevOps is part of your vocabulary.
- The result of your work is used daily by thousands of apartment seekers and the largest real estate management companies in Switzerland.
Your contribution to the team includes:
- You are looking forward to enriching our engineering team with your work experience (at least 3 years) in designing, building, testing and operating software.
- You are experienced with Python (Django) and have already gained relevant experience in products using this technology.
- You have sound understanding of Typescript and React.
- You show a lot of initiative, you like to take over responsibility for entire subject areas and you keep the overview on connections in complex software systems.
- You have already gained relevant experience implementing products as a Backend Engineer.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and can take and justify architectural decisions from both technical and customer-facing perspectives.
- You also enjoy interacting with our product and UX team and have fluent verbal and written communication skills in English. If you know a few words of German or are eager to learn some, it is a plus.
Why you'll love working here:
- High-growth company in which you can find exciting and trend-setting challenges
- Familial working atmosphere in an open-minded multinational team
- A budget for professional improvement (courses, conferences, books…)
- Budget for the mastery of the English language during the working hours
- Budget for the mastery of the German language after the working hours
- Nice office in Belgrade
- Fully stocked kitchen (tea, coffee, fruits, soft drinks, snacks…)
- Tournaments of table tennis, table soccer and darts in our office
- Skilled and senior co-workers
- Opportunities to learn and grow with us