Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the platform
Prophet is a leading risk management platform used by the financial services industry around the world to model companies’ financial business.
The Calculation Engine is used by Prophet Professional and Prophet Enterprise systems to perform actuarial calculations split across multiple machines. It is undergoing major enhancements and you will be involved with updating it to keep up with the latest actuarial modelling practices and technology improvements using C++.
What you will be doing
As C++ developer you will research, design, and develop technical solutions for Prophet Calculation Engine. You will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, from design through to implementation, testing, production, and maintenance.
- Hands on code development for customizations and extensions to software
- Working with peers to plan, implement, test and document the desired functionality
- Develop innovative ideas and solutions for projects
- Promote collaboration and learning culture
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years of work experience
- Experience with C++/STL/Boost Software development
- Experience with OO Design and Development practices
- Experience in full software development lifecycle
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Very good level of English.
Added bonus if you have experience with:
- C++11/17; Boost; C++ Compilers – Microsoft or GNU
- XML/JSON; Multi-threading; Sockets; Windows SDK; Grid/HPC/Cluster
- SQL, NoSQL, Distributed Storage / File Systems; Cloud e.g. Azure, Amazon
- Visual Studio, Intel VTune / Inspector; TDD e.g. gTest
- Finance/insurance; Design Patterns; Agile/Scrum
- C#, PowerShell scripting
What we offer you:
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset