Cloud & VM Support Technician (Tier 2) -Associate Level 1
Under general direction of the department manager, this person is responsible to provide help desk services, customer support, and provide consistent communication to the user base. This role will directly work with user systems supporting design, provisioning, installation and configuration of our cloud computing offering which uses both OpenStack & Proxmox.
The Cloud & VM Support Technician (Tier 2) -Associate Level 1 is a mid-level position that works with various departments within the company, as well as vendors, to schedule and approve maintenances. This role is required to have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a 24 X 7 NOC environment
- Deliver service and support to end-users using and operating automated call distribution phone software, via remote connection or over the Internet.
- Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms.
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
- Research required information using available resources.
- Follow standard processes and procedures.
- Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications.
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource.
- Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and designated tracking software.
- Offer alternative solutions where appropriate with the objective of retaining customers and clients’ business.
- Organize ideas and communicate oral messages appropriate to listeners and situations.
- Follow up and make scheduled callbacks to customers where necessary.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates.
- Able to work on short and long term projects
JOB SPECIFICATIONS – Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- 2 – 5 years industry experience in 24 x 7 Network Operation Center.
- Strong understanding of IT system fundamentals and system management tasks.
- Understanding of network concepts, TCP/IP stack protocols.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems, workstation and server.
- Working understanding of VOIP.
- Strong understanding of Linux and OpenStack.
- Ability to provide Support Desk services.
- Ability to open tickets with underlying carriers and vendors, pushing and escalating for a solution, owning something until completion.
- Ability to clearly document and articulate technical issues.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent issues and remain calm under high pressure situations
- Must be reliable and dependable, self-motivated and demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work closely with peers and other teams
- Ability to function in a 24/7 operation and work flexible schedule on weekdays and weekends as required.
- Working Schedule: Monday – Friday from 8:00AM-5:00M Pacific Time/5PM-2AM Belgrade Time
***Please note that we will review CVs sent on English only. Your application will be stored in our recruiting data base. It will only be used for recruitment and selection and will not be available to third parties. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.