About the team
The Data Platform Group is a new organization in the Capital Markets responsible for the design and development of the FIS Data Platform.
The team will work cross product and business line to enable the next generation cloud native data platform. The team makes use of the latest technologies and development methodologies and values communications, contribution, integrity, a can-do mindset, fun, and a relentless focus on results.
At FIS, data is at the core of everything we do. We thrive in an environment where teamwork and transparency are valued. Innovation is powered by perspective, collaboration, and respect for each other which leads to customer delight in our products. We seek to elevate each other and work hard at doing the right thing. Our team members serve us with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals. We are hyper-focused on influencing the industry with game changing insights from our fastest growing asset – DATA! We are looking for a great technologist that wants to be part of an outstanding team that is looking for an exciting yet challenging opportunity.
What you will be doing
You will be working with technical experts from multiple teams worldwide and the local team in Belgrade to define the data output of the FIS Data Platform. Conduct regular sessions with product management from multiple lines of business and product lines to align their requirements and ensure the FIS Data Platform will deliver the data their clients need. You will be working through low level detailed issues with developers up to strategy with senior business leaders, and other data focused teams across FIS to leverage the best skills for the problem at hand.
- Develop in-depth understanding of underlying data, data structures, and business uses of data
- Analyze current dashboards and reports to identify and document areas for improvement
- Partner with a variety of business teams to gather, document and maintain business requirements that will inform data modelling decisions
- Compile data from various sources into a single, consumable, data set, including design and implementation of data models
- Interpret and communicate insights to operations and business leadership
- Continually work to propose new canned dashboards and reports and refine the solution in an iterative approach
- Collaborate with business and data SMEs to profile source system data and perform logical mapping of source data to the target data model through the rationalization of the information value chain, based on the business requirements
- Provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals
What you bring:
- Deep understanding and 5+ years of experience in data analysis/business intelligence/data mining or data science
- Experience with modern data visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Knowledge of relational database technologies (SQL)
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Excellent communication skills in English
Added bonus if you have knowledge or experience with:
- Capital markets, asset management, securities, and related domains
- Multiple different database technologies and data visualization tools
- BPMN and/or workflow development
- Data science platforms
What we offer you:
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset