Superside is looking for a Data Engineer to create actionable insights from our partnerships and collaborations with top-tier brands and companies like Facebook, Amazon, Red Bull & Puma. You will help Superside innovate and improve our processes and tech platform, and be a core part of building & empowering the data-driven future of work.
Data Engineers at Superside are full-stack. They understand the business context of their work, conceptualize solutions, extract and prepare data, create visualizations, develop models, write production-ready code, deploy algorithms and track their performance. Using tech and process innovation, we pioneer remote project collaboration by building a “Creative OS” that connects customers, project managers, and creatives around the world, enabling us to efficiently plan and execute the production of cutting-edge creative content.
Some of the things you’ll actively be involved with:
- Be responsible for gathering, structuring, analyzing, understanding, aggregating, and presenting all data that runs through the company
- Build solid “customer insight” for the whole company
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders such as Leadership, Creative Project Managers, Designers, and Engineers to ensure our data infrastructure meets constantly evolving requirements
- Develop and design data systems and reporting tools to discover opportunities for operational innovations and help us test those innovations in an analytically rigorous manner
- Build the infrastructure and integrations needed for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from a wide variety of data sources both internally and externally
- Design, develop and maintain a data analytics ecosystem and an optimal data pipeline architecture
- Build analytics tools and report systems that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insight into operational efficiency, customer acquisition and journey, and other key business performance metrics
What You'll Need To Succeed
- 3 or more years of experience in Data Engineering roles focused on the ingestion, transformation, tooling and data architecture positions on Data Platform mindset teams
- Excellent Python or Scala coding skills, plus SQL and experience with DBT (Python required, Scala, is a bonus!)
- Experience building data tools to empower and democratize the access to data processes like pipelines (ETL), data governance, and BI solutions
- Highly skilled in using multiple data sources, and the ability to simplify and effectively visualize and communicate complex insights
- Self-assurance with owning project timelines, prioritizing tasks, managing stakeholders, and assessing speed/accuracy tradeoffs
- Ability to write and review technical documents, including design, development, and revision documents
- Have a vision for what the data-driven future could be at Superside and then take part in bringing that vision to life
- Comfortable with owning project timelines, prioritizing tasks, and assessing speed/accuracy tradeoffs
- Knowledge of statistical concepts used in exploratory data analysis and a strong understanding of experiment assessment, trend and correlation identification techniques
What it means to join Superside:
We’re on a mission to create more equal opportunities globally. And with that in mind, we’ve built a natively remote company enabling us to attract the best talent no matter where they are.
Need more convincing? Here’s a skimmable, non-exhaustive list of reasons to join us:
- A global community of talented people working from more than 60 different countries
- Flexible working hours and fully remote setup. We've been remote from day one. No weird office legacy
- A high-pace, high-energy, and high-performance environment
- Trusting, ego-free and truth-seeking team members
- Pioneering the future of work with a fair, friendly and supportive community. We’re pretty proud of this one
- A career path towards increased responsibility, mentorship and leadership. We grow, you grow
- Join us at the right time: impact the product as you would do in a startup with the resources of a profitable scaleup
- See something you want to improve? Awesome. We’re a flexible and collaborative team that is always learning and growing
- Disrupting a massive global industry with a huge market opportunity
- Our first introduction: 45min introduction call. No need for any formal prep beforehand, we’re here to get to know each other enough to see if we’re a potential good match.
- Meet and greet: First interaction with the Management team. The call lasts around 1 hour and it has the goal to dive deeper into your skills, experience, and motivation while explaining who we are as a company and how we work.
- Take-home case: This is where you get to show us your technical skills. We've gotten rid of the old algorithmic, theoretical type of questions and provide real-world testing scenarios that are relevant to our current stack environment.
- Case presentation: 90 minutes discussion regarding your case assignment and a technical interview. This is your chance to walk us through your work and the logic behind it. We always set aside some time for your question so don’t hesitate to prep some! We want to make sure we’re the right place for you as much as you’re the right fit for us!
- Ability assessment: The ability tests have been selected to measure the skills and competencies needed to succeed in the role.
- Final interview/Offer: The last meeting with the Management team will last around 1 hour and it’s another chance to talk about our mutual expectations, address any concerns, and dive deeper into how you could be successful in Superside. At this stage, it is clear we want you! We’ll make sure you want to join us too.
Life at Superside’s TPD (Tech, Product & Design department)
Our TPD team is remotely distributed across EMEA, LATAM & APAC and it's composed of multiple self-directed and cross-functional teams.
The current team members represent 14 nationalities with alumni from Adobe, Revolut, BlockFi, Typeform and many more.
We are intellectually curious and creative thinkers, eager to grow and ready to make a big impact in the world. We analyze data, talk to users, prototype and iterate. We don’t need offices, our conversations happen on Google Meets and Slack. We focus on discovering and solving real-world user problems, not just building and shipping features.
Teams at Superside own the complete software lifecycle starting from the roadmap, implementation, testing, deployment and operations. We foster an open feedback culture and Everyone’s opinion is important to push our common mission forward. As a member of our engineering team, you’ll take on a key role in this process and have the opportunity to see your work be used by amazing companies.
On a company-wide level, we make sure that working remotely doesn’t mean working alone. We take great pride in our company culture. We have a team dedicated to people's care with an emphasis on wellness and connectivity. You can expect Quiz nights, Galas, Coffee meet-ups, and Cultural sessions to learn more about your teammates' culture and country. If you’re passionate about a subject, there’s probably an internal slack community about it. Whether you want to talk music, crypto or play DnD, we got you covered. And because this is a constant work in progress, we created a connectivity lab where anyone can join and brainstorm initiatives to increase a sense of community within Superside.
Trusted by 450+ ambitious brands, Superside is the #1 creative-as-a-subscription service designed with Marketers and Creatives in mind. By combining the top 1% of creative talent from around the world with purpose-built design ops technology, Superside helps companies like PUMA, Shopify, Prime Gaming, Autodesk and LVMH scale creative in order to test, learn and grow faster. Since inception Superside has been a fully remote company, with 700+ team members working across 60+ countries and 19 timezones.
The company is backed by Y Combinator, Luxor Capital, Prosus Ventures, Slack Fund, Freestyle Capital, High Alpha Capital and Alliance Ventures in the quest to create equal economic opportunities for creatives all around the world. To learn more, visit www.superside.com
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We’re an equal opportunity company. All applicants will be considered without attention to ethnicity, appearance, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.