IGT is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from casino gaming machines and lotteries to interactive and social gaming. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 11,000 employees who reflect the diversity of the global communities it serves, creating a fair, inclusive culture that enables all employees to feel valued, respected, and engaged.
IGT has an exciting opportunity for a data privacy and protection compliance operational lead. The Data Privacy & Protection Operations Lead will support our enterprise privacy function, working with each of our business units to operationalize data privacy. The Data Privacy & Protection Operations Lead will have oversight of our data privacy governance tools and drive data mapping and records of processing activity, and privacy impact assessments for new projects, assets, systems, and products. The candidate will also assist in the day-to-day operations of the team and advance the strategic initiatives of our global data privacy program.
This position reports to Director of Data Privacy and Compliance Operations and will be based in Europe – Serbia, Poland, Austria, United Kingdom.
This role will work closely with each business unit and functional area across IGT’s global enterprise and will be an integral part of enhancing and developing IGT’s global data privacy and protection program, working with senior leadership to drive the program forward.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Focuses on maintaining critical data and information needed to perform vendor and internal technology reviews, engages with business units to understand data flows, document potential incidents, and monitor privacy events.
Perform foundational data privacy activities including:
- Assess data protection compliance risks and participating in the development of appropriate plans to manage identified risks
- Collect privacy information to support the completion of privacy reviews associated with new internal processes, projects, and/or vendor onboarding (e.g., PIA/DPIA)
- Maintain the asset and processing activity inventories (e.g., data mapping and records of processing activity)
- Translate strategic legal requirements into tactical requirements per business unit and/or application
- Identify technological and organizational security requirements
- Research privacy requirements by jurisdiction
- Research emerging trends and legislation/regulations
- Assist with data subject access request responses
- Prepare data privacy matters/metrics
Supports execution of additional Data Privacy program activities including:
- Facilitate and/or initiates assessments to be completed by business owners
- Assist and train business owners in completing assessments
- Analyze and prepare metrics related to data incidents
- Maintain and update key templates in OneTrust
- Monitor and assess program controls.
Sustains the Data Privacy program through activities including:
- Working with other team members to contribute to the development of the program
- Collaborating with team members to maintain the backlog of required work items
- Assisting in defining standards, processes and tools needed for program success
Performs other tasks as assigned from time-to-time by the Director Data Privacy & Compliance Operations.
Job Requirements Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Deep understanding, knowledge and experience with global data privacy and protection laws, regulations, and guidelines
- Strong ability to identify emerging compliance risks and proposes solutions to address risks
- Capable of spotting privacy issues and correspondingly strong ability to provide solutions or paths to resolution
- Strong sense of ownership to drive tasks to completion and to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Superior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, able to communicate tactfully and effectively, express technical concepts in business terms, and maintain positive and effective work relations within and across departments and externally
- Outstanding organizational skills to handle multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize deadlines
- Attention to detail, including documentation, record-keeping, and tracking
- Laser-focus on client-service excellence by being highly proactive, responsive, adaptable, and team-oriented
- Display adaptability in an ever-changing data privacy regulatory landscape
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 suite of tools
- Proficiency in OneTrust
Required Education & Experience:
- Must have an undergraduate degree (BA/BS) or higher from an accredited university or college, with a preference for data science, computer science, information technology, or legal fields, or equivalent technology/business management related degree.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ substantive experience supporting global data privacy programs, experience working in technology services preferred.
- Data privacy and protection certifications strongly desired (e.g., CIPP, CIPM, CIPT)