FEVO’s technology adds friend power to a brand’s site for more shopping, more fun and, most important, more sales. No matter what a consumer is shopping for, FEVO is dedicated to changing e-commerce – making it a more collaborative, fun, social experience rooted in community. How? It’s a simple but powerful concept. We enable consumers to invite friends and purchase together in just a few clicks – allowing groups to connect and communities to form all on a brand’s site with just one line of code. It’s no surprise (or maybe it is!) that this allows brands to capture more data while building their own social graphs and identifying valuable customers.
Founded in 2016, FEVO launched live events in North America and rapidly captured 85% of the major sports leagues and festivals. We partnered with the biggest platforms including Ticketmaster, Tickets.com, and Paciolan and have organically acquired over 2M happy customers and sold over 7M items.
FEVO is now aggressively entering new categories, such as retail and travel e-commerce working with the largest, most distinguished brands in the world. Simultaneously, we're expanding geographically with international markets such as the UK. That's why FEVO is aggressively hiring world-class talent to join this rocket ship of a ride!
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Apply sophisticated computational, statistical, and modeling techniques to support decision-making and to drive KPI improvement across FEVO; with techniques including A/B and multivariate testing, predictive analysis, data mining, marketing mix modeling, attribution, incrementality, acquisition and churn analysis
- Evaluate and recommend innovative new opportunities and methodologies that segment and target audience in new ways and/or uncover new insights about the effectiveness any promotional activity to our audience by partnering with internal and external teams
- Design and execute appropriate data models by compiling data from multiple sources, and by working closely with stakeholders across FEVO
- Serve as an expert within theb FEVO team on statistical principles
- Participate in creating clear and well-structured analytical plans that play a critical part in shaping the FEVO’s data infrastructure
- Work closely with product managers and other stakeholders to prepare and create business requirements along with reports for review by senior management
- Build and operationalize processes that ensure efficient and timely data-loading, maintaining accuracy and relevance of data used within FEVO’s business segments
- Have excellent writing and interpersonal skills to actively participate in strategic planning and day-to-day activities across the organization
Please note this is a CONTRACT position.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related quantitative field of study
- 5-10 years of professional experience in a Data Scientist role
- Proficient in writing and optimizing SQL to handle extremely large datasets
- Proficiency and direct experience with one or more major data visualization tools including DOMO/Tableau/Power BI etc.
- Proven expertise in statistical principles
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to effectively communicate across multiple teams
- Proven problem-solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, ability to influence others, and exceptional organizational skills
- Familiarity with and understanding of digital marketing, digital media and technologies a plus
FEVO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.