Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team and product:
Professional Services is looking for functional & quantitative / mathematical minded consultants with technical skills in the areas of scripting and customizing software code of Cross Asset Trading & Risk platform. Your role as a Consultant is to work with our customers in the delivery of new software and in upgrading current implementations by configuring, customizing and optimizing the application and surrounding systems.
A consultant may also work on automated testing tool Arena Test Framework (ATF) which is owned and completely developed by the Belgrade team.
What you will be doing:
Consultants is working firsthand with multiple customers in various aspects of the trading environment which may include:
- Analyzing current systems and data to identify and understand new requirements, recognizing the need for system enhancements or modifications if necessary.
- Refining the customer requirements in detail, document and present back in the form of work packages and specifications to the client for final approval.
- Developing solutions using Python, SQL and proprietary extension framework (AEF).
- Configuring the implemented system and database. This process will involve the customization of products, pricing, risk calculations, workflows, functionality, etc.
- Understanding the scope of requirements for automated testing, technical configuration, and test case development.
- You will be a part of agile driven team working on a state-of-the-art testing tool with other consultants and software developers.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Finance
- 2+ years in a client facing delivery or implementation role, working on financial software or in banking/risk management
- You have minimum one year of development experience in Python, SQL or similar languages
- Strong Quantitative/Mathematical skills
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Fluency in English
Bonus If You Have:
- Understanding of the financial markets, mainly in the institutional and wholesale domains; knowledge of various financial instruments, i.e. Equities, Derivatives, FX/MM, and the ability to quickly learn new instrument types.
- Familiarity with software testing – manual/automated testing, smoke/regression testing
- Familiarity with any software testing framework – Robot Framework, Selenium, Cucumber or similar
What we offer you:
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset