Highlights of the role:
Location: This position welcomes all applicants from Serbia into a remote working model (you can come into the office or not, it's up to you)
The team: We are small enough so that you get to know everyone and we are growing every day.
The product: You will be working on our modern Workforce Management solution. Omni channel, easy to use, deployable in under 2 minutes & made exclusively for Zendesk. In a nutshell, our software helps companies schedule, track, monitor, and find trends to help agents become more efficient and managers more engaged. You will be an integral part of seeing the product grow into something even more special than it is today. There are 6,000 users around the world using tymeshift and we work with companies like Loom and Upwork.
Interview process: 2 hours, including interviews and practical assessment where you will meet the people you will be working with and get a feel for our company's culture. It's important for both of us to make sure we are making the right decision!
Reports to: Tiago Alves, Chief Technology Officer. Tiago is our technology visionary raised on the sunny coast of Portugal. Passionate about building high-quality software solutions he fosters our company culture by inspiring an engineering team to grow and develop.
Your mission at Tymeshift:
Help us plan, create and optimize our application architecture, so we can improve our CI/CD flow and establish a great infrastructure.
How we'll measure success
Make high-impact changes to production environments with the confidence of having a deep understanding of how the system works making the infrastructure reliable and scalable in a great collaboration with the team, so we can continuously deliver value to our customers.
- Work with the development team to plan and optimize the application infrastructure
- Create and setup tools that improve our continuous integration and delivery flow
- Monitor GCP Projects and identify areas we can improve performance
- Identify areas where we can reduce GCP cost either through optimizing the infrastructure or the application code
- Use APM tools to analyze application performance and identify areas of improvement
- In the event of downtime: Be available to correct the issue
- Write Root Cause Analysis's whenever we have issues so we can share them with our customers (You must be able to own this process from beginning to end and work with our developers/project manager/whoever is necessary to get the answers you need to create an accurate RCA)
- Post incidents and their resolution on our status page
- Work along with our other IT personnel and make recommendations / assist with improving our infrastructure
What we're looking for
- No degree needed, soft skills are the degree you need
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps/Cloud Engineer role
- Experience working cross-functionally in a fast-paced startup environment
- Orchestration of different services using GCP, AWS
- Knowledge and experience managing Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong familiarity with Git distributed version control system;
- Strong familiarity with Infrastructure-as-Code using tools like Terraform;
- Experience in database systems;
- Familiarity with monitoring and central logging technologies (For example ELK stack, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.);
- Analytical skills for debugging and optimization of infrastructure
- Working in a SaaS environment is a plus
- Experience with GCP is a bonus
- Lead by example
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communicator
- Bias to action
- EQ – Would you google it?
Compensation, Benefits and Perks
- DevOps Engineers for the required level of experience earn €26,000 – €48,000 per year
- A meaningful stock option plan and competitive benefits
- Premium private health insurance plan
- Our people get unlimited vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Learning budget that we encourage you to use
- Fitness and wellness programs
- Paid travel to other offices
Ready to join us? Tymeshift is on a mission to make workforce management effortless and let teams focus on getting the real work done.
Take a look at our Mission, Vision, Values to get to know more about the company culture we strive for.
INCLUSIVE & LOVING IT!
We’re 100% inclusive, and that’s incredibly important to us. With everything we do, our team is supportive and accepting of everyone in every interaction we have. We embrace each other’s unique qualities, and yours as well if you work here. It’s our policy to hire awesome people, and we don’t discriminate based on any legally and non-legally protected statuses (like religion, race, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, etc.). Actually, we even encourage it.