Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting-edge technology, and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe, with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We're constantly looking for great talent to join our awesome team.
We are looking for a motivated and professional DevOps Engineer to join our Security team. The goal of this person will be to implement development tasks efficiently, raise security concerns and act as a consultation point on security.
- Complete assigned tasks: Responsibility for delivering assigned tasks effectively, practice ownership, communication, and other Kinsta Values, and communicate any foreseeable and unforeseen issues to the Security Team Lead.
- Code reviews: You are responsible for requesting code reviews and providing code reviews for your peers.
- Consultation and escalation: Responsibility to research, document, provide guidance and assist Kinsta team members on security-related issues.
- Raise security concerns: Responsibility to communicate about any security-related issues, raising them with team members and the Security Team Lead to ensure we track, prioritize and solve them.
- Minimum of 3 years of Linux system administration experience with an excellent general understanding of Linux, cloud networking, and server management.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with programming, Python programming would be an advantage but not essential.
- Automation experience as a software engineer.
- Experience with the standard WordPress stack (PHP, MySQL, WordPress)
- Experience working with ZFS
- Experience working with ELK stack
- Experience with Node.js apps
- Database query optimization
- Having worked in JIRA
- Good understanding of APIs and web service
- Good knowledge of Google Cloud's Compute Engine, Cloud Functions, Kubernetes Engine
What we offer:
- We have a fully remote culture with a globally distributed, international team. You can work anywhere with appropriate internet access.
- To ensure that everyone has time to rest and recharge, we offer Flexible paid time off.
- We offer flexibility with work hours.
- Remote expense budget and personal career development budget.
- This position offers great flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth.
Kinsta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and we will take actions to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, creed, disability, marital status, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.