We have a really interesting team of people that span many different skill sets, cultures, and backgrounds. We are a melting pot of sorts. One of the things our team members enjoy the most about working at Curotec is their ability to learn new things every day, not only about technology but also about their fellow team members and their cultures.
About the Job
We are looking for highly-skilled remote developers that have experience in building complex business applications using the Laravel and Vue frameworks. Candidates should have experience developing applications on the Laravel framework and Vue framework, working with a database, working within a cloud environment, and working with standard developer tools.
We have multiple positions open at the moment. The ideal candidate for Curotec is a full-stack engineer focused on both Laravel and Vue.js, however, we have positions open for the back-end(Laravel) only as well as front-end(Vue.js and/or React) only. We also hire candidates of varying skill levels including mid-level, senior-level, and team lead. If you LOVE Laravel and Vue.js, please apply and get a conversation with us started even if you don't check every box on this job description.
We hire candidates all over the world including North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, and Asia. Our focus for hiring is in North America and Latin America, however, we're willing to consider a candidate with the right skills anywhere in the world.
The Day to Day of the Job
At Curotec, you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in a variety of environments ranging from fully in-house builds to embedding directly into our client's teams. Over time, you'll get exposure to many codebases, industries, and talented people all over the world just doing your day-to-day job. You'll also have the opportunity to be involved in the open-source community by attending conferences, contributing to open-source projects, and evangelizing for the developer community if that is something that interests you. Lastly, you'll find at Curotec that you get out what you put in and if you want to advance, the opportunity is always there.
- 2+ years of experience with Laravel/Vue.
- 5+ years of experience with custom application development.
- Must be able to work EDT business hours. 8am – 5pm New York time.
- Must be able to speak and write fluent English. Your first interview will be a video call via Zoom.
- Must be dedicated, passionate, and hard-working. Attitude is everything.
- Must be able to work with a team and collaborate remotely. Hard workers and self-starters please apply.
- We are looking for a creative and efficient problem solver.
- Experience with VueX Store, Vue Router, and Provide/Inject.
- OAuth and JWT Tokens experience is a plus.
- Experience with the Nuxt.js framework is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and versions 7 and 8.
- Advance Laravel Experience (Middleware, Collections, Policies, Request, Resources, and Service Containers).
- Experience with software testing, TDD, and unit testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat).
- Experience with MySQL profiling and query optimization.
- Solid working experience building RESTful APIs.
- Active experience integrating custom code with 3rd party web services.
- Have performed complicated data migrations.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Git and Jira.
- Experience working in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) ecosystem.
- Experience working within Agile development environments.
- Work with a team of developers, BA, PM, QA, etc to execute strategies and implement solutions to build quality business software applications.
- Develop front-end and back-end components for large data-driven applications.
- Review features requests, provide feedback, and develop/maintain features for web applications.
- Document your development process and development components. Work with other developers to complete tasks and share ideas.
Our Hiring Process
We have a 4-part hiring process that includes the following:
- Initial Interview
- Here we have a verbal non-technical discussion to see if there is a mutual fit. We'll have questions for you about your skills and background, we'll also answer any questions you have for us about the company, compensation structure, culture, and interview process.
- Code Test
- In order to qualify for the position, you must pass a code test that takes 2 – 4 hours to complete. We'll send you an invite via email to log in and complete the test.
- Live Coding Interview
- Once you've completed the code test, we do a live coding interview that takes place on Zoom with screen share on. The interview includes a basic coding task that takes roughly 90 minutes.
- Verbal Interview(s)
- The final step to the interview process includes one or multiple conversations with a Curotec executive and/or a Curotec client manager to go over final details about your skills and determine where you would be the best fit within our team. At this time we'll also discuss the job offer and career path you'd have with Curotec.
We try to complete our interview process quickly so that it does not take up more time than is needed.
Why Work for Curotec
- Competitive salary
- Additional benefits offered
- Ability to grow and advance your career
- Attend virtual developer conferences
- Work on cutting edge and exciting projects