Concentrical is a growing technology company that creates meaningful solutions and products to enable students and learners of any age to forge their path to success by eliminating barriers and inspiring them to achieve their education and career goals.
Our company values a culture of openness, community, and sense of ownership. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with a team of highly-talented people working across various disciplines to design and deliver solutions that have a real impact on people’s lives.
We offer competitive salaries and state-of-the-art computer hardware and software. We value work life balance and offer flexible work schedules.
ABOUT THE ROLE
For this role, we are looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer who is passionate about building and scaling high-traffic, high-availability web applications. An ideal candidate will care about producing clean, maintainable, well-tested code and will do this as a member of a team, helping the group come up with solutions to balance performance, cost, and quality. We are looking for someone with experience in writing code for a 24×7 commercial service.
- Build robust, performant, user-facing web applications in Python/Django supporting sites that are visited by millions daily.
- Build APIs to support mobile apps, web UIs, webhooks, and data ingestion applications.
- Develop, create, and ship new functionality to enhance user experience and engagement.
- Work with Product, Frontend, Data Engineering, and QA teams, helping the team respond quickly and effectively to business needs and build quality software.
- Deliver responsive, accessible, mobile-friendly code of high quality (automated test/build/deploy)
- At least 3 years of practical experience with Django or Rails
- Expertise in at least one of our core languages: Ruby and Python
- Familiarity with, or strong interest in learning, our core technologies: Django, Wagtail, Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, and ElasticSearch
- Comfortable diving into and learning to effectively build and operate in every part of our stack
- Availability to overlap to U.S. time zones as needed