Who are we?
Halcom is a pioneer in development of modern solutions for payment systems in Central and Southeast Europe. An international company with strong local characteristics, which innovatively develops products and services for financial institutions through an agile methodology. Halcom's experts transform their knowledge of payment systems, technical knowledge and many years of experience, into advanced solutions, products and services.
We are present in 8 EMEA markets, in more than 60 banks and two central banks and clearing houses.
Over 150,000 companies are using our solutions in Southeast Europe alone.
Since 2003, we have been certified by the quality standard 9001, and since 2010 by the safety standard 27001.
The division is seeking for a Java Software Developer, who should have a strong background experience in writing backend software. He/she will be part of a software development team, and will play a role in the modernization of an enterprise solution. Should assist in implementing both technical and functional requirements of the project, and strong understanding of software architecture, monolithic and microservices oriented, would be a big plus.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Possess a university degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a software development role using Java SE/EE
- Experience with Java enterprise technologies such as the Spring Framework (core, MVC, ORM, Springboot), JMS, Hibernate ORM, Servlet Containers (Apache Tomcat)
- Strong understanding of REST and SOAP web services.
- Open minded, ready to learn and help others to learn
Nice to have:
- Experience with XML Stack : WSDL, XSD, JAXB, Custom serialization
- Knowledge of relational databases, especially DB2 is a plus
- Proficient with the use of Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of Docker containers and container orchestration is a plus
- Experience with build automation tools (maven, gradle), source control tools (GIT), and bug tracking software (JIRA)
- Banking Software experience is a plus
What We Offer?
- Opportunity to work with an excellent team of people.
- Stimulating place to work and grow.
- Health insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee Benefits