At ConsenSys we have a vision of a world where data sovereignty and financial well-being is accessible to every person and organization. We believe Ethereum and decentralized protocol technology is a more trustworthy and equitable foundation for how we create and share value across the web. On this trusted, open source foundation, we can accelerate the world’s transition to a universally accessible network of distributed participants where transparency, security and freedom are fundamental.
Our product suite, composed of Truffle, Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. As the leading Ethereum software company, ConsenSys enables developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. To learn more about ConsenSys, and explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
The trust and transparency that blockchain delivers has the potential to change the way the world works.
This role is a Sr. Software Engineer working on Quorum Blockchain Service, delivering an enterprise-grade consortium blockchain as a PaaS offering.
Quorum Blockchain Service is a fully managed ledger service that gives users the ability to grow and operate blockchain networks at scale in Azure. It provides unified control for both infrastructure management as well as blockchain network governance.
These capabilities require almost no administration, allowing you to focus on app development and business logic rather than allocating time and resources to managing virtual machines and infrastructure. In addition, you can continue to develop your application with the open-source tools and platform of your choice to deliver your solutions without having to learn new skills.
The team is searching for a highly motivated engineer who will join us in making blockchain technology broadly available to enterprise customers and our partners who serve them.
The team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer with full stack experience who can drive evolving our architecture to scale with the reliability, performance, and features required to support the needs of a growing customer base. Our team works in an agile environment where each team member will have opportunities to innovate, contribute, and collaborate towards the mission of the team. As a Principal Engineer, you will get exciting opportunities to work on cutting-edge technologies across a variety of platforms and help to build out a services platform for a variety of future products.
In this role, you will be executing on a strategy for delivering permissioned blockchains at scale. You will be working with ConsenSys Quorum and Azure technologies to deliver Quorum Blockchain Service and related capabilities. You will be working on projects and cross team initiatives for which you will have to be proficient at creating and maintaining warm and productive working relationships with other teams. Additionally, you will mentor other team members to design and deliver world class solutions that our customers will love.
- 7+ years’ experience building and shipping production grade software or services
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent or 8+ years of industry experience
- Experience owning services in production
- Experience developing with or on Ethereum or ConsenSys Quorum
- A strong technical background and solid foundation in software engineering principles and architecture design
- Excellent customer and partner focus; able to understand their needs through a data driven approach
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Experience building out cloud native microservices architectures, especially on Azure or AWS
- Experience contributing to open source software, especially in the Ethereum ecosystem
- Experience participating in an on call rotation as a developer on call for incident response
- Experience with any/all of the following technologies
- C# and ASP.NET core
- TypeScript and NodeJS
- Ethereum smart contract development with Solidity and/or Viper
- SQLServer or other similar RDBMS
- Azure Active Directory and/or other OIDC-capable identity management systems
- Infrastructure as Code and related tooling
- Kubernetes & Kustomize
- Azure ARM Templates & Bicep
- CloudFormation templates