About the team
The Data Platform Group is a new organization in the Capital Markets responsible for the design and development of the FIS Data Platform.
The team will work cross product and business line to enable the next generation cloud native data platform. The team makes use of the latest technologies and development methodologies and values communications, contribution, integrity, a can-do mindset, fun, and a relentless focus on results.
At FIS, data is at the core of everything we do. We thrive in an environment where teamwork and transparency are valued. Innovation is powered by perspective, collaboration, and respect for each other which leads to customer delight in our products. We seek to elevate each other and work hard at doing the right thing. Our team members serve us with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals. We are hyper-focused on influencing the industry with game changing insights from our fastest growing asset – DATA! We are looking for a great technologist that wants to be part of an outstanding team that is looking for an exciting yet challenging opportunity.
What you will be doing
- You will contribute to database design, creation, coding, implementation, testing, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Work with solution architects and the development team to evaluate, design, implement, optimize, and modify databases
- Product Management to adapt business requirements
- DevOps to ensure database scripts can be integrated into CI/CD processes
- QA to ensure database scripts comply with FIS testing standards
- Model databases, develop tables, stored procedures, views, triggers, and other database objects
- Maintain database dictionaries and other related documentation, monitor overall database standards and procedures, and integrate systems through database design
- Work closely with other developers to integrate databases with other applications
- Provide mentorship and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
What you bring:
- Understanding and 3+ years of experience in relational database development and design, including one or more of the following:
- Data Warehousing (ideally cloud native technologies)
- Data Integration (modern tooling, APIs, and streaming)
- Business Intelligence & Data Visualization
- Knowledge and understanding of object-oriented programming
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience
- Good oral and written English communication skills
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge of modern cloud-based technologies such as AWS and Azure, or similar
- Understanding of Snowflake or similar enterprise managed cloud solution
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes and patterns
What we offer you:
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset