- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 25 days' paid holiday increasing each year
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Massages in the office
- Sweet Tuesdays
- Team sports activities
- Recruitment referral bonus
- Bring your dog to work
- Enhanced pay for new parents
Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband provider.
We offer broadband speeds 11x faster than the UK average, proudly setting a new fiber‘ gold standard' with hyperfast speed, reliability, and customer service.
Here in Belgrade, we support our UK colleagues in a shared mission: to gigabit Britain. Our office started up in Belgrade in 2013 with what was then 20 developers. Now it's grown into our largest office with more than 500 people.
Whatever we're doing, going beyond the expected is the benchmark.
We work smarter, together, being agile and responding with the speed our business and customers demand – without compromising on quality. We stay focused, performing at our best to ensure we are focused on hitting targets and goals together. And we strive for excellence, paying attention to the detail, constantly seeking to stretch ourselves and find better ways of doing things.
And today we're looking for a Network Engineer – Fixed Access who shares these values. Does this sound like you?
Summary of key responsibilities/deliverables
The main tasks of this role provide support and deployment of the GPON network. Success would look like this:
- Stable XGS/GPON Network. Reliable broadband service for our PON customers
- Reliable DWDM transport network
- Access Network deployment and expansion according to company targets
What will you be doing?
1. Maintenance of PON network
- Monitoring of active elements in PON network
- Solves network issues escalated by the NOC team
- Maintain Access Network NMS platform
- Take proactive steps and actions to avoid network incidents
2. PON network expansion
- Commissioning of OLTs
- Participate in the planning of PON network expansion
3. Testing of XGS/GPON equipment and documentation
- Participate in testing of hardware of XGS/GPON devices
- Participate in testing of software of XGS/GPON devices
- Create test book
- Create and keep up to date documentation related to the GPON network
4. Maintenance of DWDM transport network
- Monitoring of DWDM links
- Maintain DWDP NMS platform
- XGS/GPON Network availability
- XGS/GPON network expansion in line with company targets
- High level of customer satisfaction on PON network
- DWDM Network availability
What are we looking for?
- Engineering based degree ideally telecommunications or computer science
- Good understanding of IP/TCP, Ethernet, DWDM, and XGS/GPON networking technologies
- 2-3 years of experience working in a Network Operations Centre in ISP
- Good knowledge of IP/TCP, Ethernet, and GPON networking technologies
- Good written & spoken English language skills
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. In fact, this is at the heart of our culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
What happens next?
- You apply
- We carefully review your application
- We'll get back to you — even if it's a no (for now)
And don't forget to keep an eye on our careers site as we're growing fast: https://careers.hyperoptic.com/
We look forward to hearing from you.