The Magic Media group is a media and tech start-up powered by creativity and innovation. We are a group with brands with a physical presence in 12 countries and expertize in the areas of art, animation, cybersecurity, game development, software development and VFX amongst others. We work with leading developers and publishers within the games industry, providing support and solutions designed around individual needs and carried out by global experts.
If you want to work in a product tech team with a high quality pipeline, surrounded by a team of skilled engineers, we have the perfect challenge for you. We are looking for a highly skilled professional with the ambition to strive in Front-end and Back-end technologies.
WHAT WILL YOU DO:
- As an medior developer, you’ll be expected to have technical oversight of the complete Frontend and Backend stack of a specific project.
- This includes create, improve, maintain and test the product solution.
- This is mainly accomplished by performing research, producing specifications and writing code.
- We are looking for someone living in or around Lisbon.
- Define, build and maintain features together with the cross-functional development team in an agile development workflow
- Develop flowcharts, layouts, and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- As a member of the product team, work together with Product Management and other stakeholders to iterate on new features within the product solution
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Maintain and extend internal software tools
- At least 3 years of experience in complex projects that involve backend and frontend teams
- Familiar with at least 2 of the following technologies: Python, Java, Rust, C++
- Basic foundational knowledge about Linux, networking, databases, security, etc.
- Ability to work independently, but knowing when to ask for help
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Good understanding of core web and browser concepts
- Fast learner: the desire to grow yourself, your team, and the company and willingness to learn new technologies / grow responsibilities
- Team player: enjoying developing software with a team and committed to the whole software development life cycle
- Problem solver
- Speak, read and write in English
- An opportunity to hone and improve your skills by applying them to a diverse variety of engaging projects
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Working closely with a team of like-minded people in a fast-paced, multicultural environment
- Ongoing training and professional self-improvement opportunities
- Great & cutting edge technological environment
- Flat hierarchy
- Remote friendly
- International & very tech savvy team
- Encouragement for active training and courses (during office hours!)
- Regular team events, as we never miss a chance to play hard
- We’re just fun