GET (Global Engineering Technologies) is an established international company, based in Belgrade, successful in delivering various industry-specific innovative IT solutions and developing in-house software products. Our team is made of more than 200 software engineers, business analysts, and business domain experts. Our clients employ between 5.000 and 125.000 team members. We are a reliable partner of SAP, Atlassian, Microsoft, and Cisco.
GET was founded by IT engineers driven by the idea of building a company that is constantly striving to improve its products and services. We have a proven track record of success in providing solutions in the automotive industry, logistics, finance/banking, production, and retail. We nurture long-lasting cooperation, trust, and continuous development with our clients, as well as with our team members.
We are GET. And we grow together as a team.
Click to GET Inside: www.global-engineering-technologies.com/get-inside
We are looking for: SCM Support Engineer
You can become a member of an inspiring engineering team that is responsible for Functional Support, Source Code and Software Configuration Management strategies and tooling on large Automotive R&D projects.
You should possess a broad general knowledge and have experience with software development collaboration, versioning and issue management systems, as well as good communication skills and business etiquette.
You should be able to understand the software architecture of the custom ALM application that is developed and supported, and the underlying server architecture providing default capabilities in this domain. As a member of our team you will have the chance to engage in this exciting new field, learn new technologies and progress rapidly.
- Define end-to-end solution for Source Code and Software Configuration Management
- Define tooling architecture and engineering processes
- Ensure new R&D projects are aligned with the defined functional landscape
- Conduct Proof Of Concept and provide expertise on new functionalities that could be developed through implemented solutions evolutions and/or new technologies
- Drive functional continuous improvement of existing architectures
- Manage standard functional definition, implementation, and consistency
- Participate when relevant to the training functional user guides definition, implementation, and acceptance
- When needed, participate to Level 3 support and application maintenance (analysis and qualification of corrections to be performed)
- Technology watch and roadmap monitoring with the tooling vendors
- Meetings with Business representatives (Project teams) to understand the solution ecosystem roadmap
- 2+ years of experience with Version Control Systems (SVN, GIT)
- Knowledge of one scripting language (eg. Python)
- Practical knowledge of any ALM tool (e.g. CodeBeamer, TeamForge, Serena Dimensions)
- Experience in troubleshooting both user and application issues
- Ability to learn and support new tools as required
- Have good communication skills
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn
What would set you apart from other candidates?
- Experience with installing, supporting, and maintaining collaboration and other software development tools (VCS – Version Control System, ALM – Application Lifecycle Management, CI – Continuous Integration) for large software development projects
- Experience with Binary Repository management tools (eg. Nexus, Artifactory)
- Practical experience with GitHub
- Basic knowledge of OOP concepts
- Basic knowledge of relational/non-relational databases
- Basic knowledge of Eclipse/NetBeans, Visual Studio or other development tool
- Strong Customer Support background is a plus
What is there for you as a part of GET?
- Regular working hours (no shifts)
- An attractive compensation plan that matches with your professional development
- A long-term career path with us
- Involvement in project assignments with diverse technologies
- Working in small and highly-skilled teams with dedicated mentorship
- Great experience working for top-tier clients worldwide
- Access to private healthcare and sports facilities
- Possibility to travel abroad
We are pleased that you have taken the first step to finding out about a career at Global Engineering Technologies. In order to ensure the most professional treatment of your application, GET is exclusively using online applications.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.