About the team
The Data Platform Group is a new organization in the Capital Markets responsible for the design and development of the FIS Data Platform.
The team will work cross product and business line to enable the next generation cloud native data platform. The team makes use of the latest technologies and development methodologies and values communications, contribution, integrity, a can-do mindset, fun, and a relentless focus on results.
At FIS, data is at the core of everything we do. We thrive in an environment where teamwork and transparency are valued. Innovation is powered by perspective, collaboration, and respect for each other which leads to customer delight in our products. We seek to elevate each other and work hard at doing the right thing. Our team members serve us with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals. We are hyper-focused on influencing the industry with game changing insights from our fastest growing asset – DATA! We are looking for a great technologist that wants to be part of an outstanding team that is looking for an exciting yet challenging opportunity.
What you will be doing:
As a Scrum Master you will encourage collaboration and transparency and will lead the team in daily standup, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and support backlog grooming activities. Through Scrum practices, you will remove impediments and guide the team to success. By presenting the team’s speed, you will make sure that the team is on its path of continuous improvement. In time, you will have the opportunity to help grow and expand the team into an entire cluster of teams working together on a shared mission. You will collaborate with other teams to ensure your team has the support of the most skilled SMEs for the problems at hand.
You are responsible for:
- Maintaining scrum ceremonies
- Actively participating in planning
- Protecting team from interruptions
- Align teams using OKRs objectives
- Promoting scrum / agile methodologies throughout the whole group
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
What you bring:
- 3+ years of experience as a scrum master
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Experience working with agile project management tools such as JIRA, AHA!
- Experience maintaining team collaboration tools
- University degree in technical or business studies
Added bonus if you have:
- Scrum master and/or scrum coach certificate
- Experience working in projects with multiple scrum teams
- Software release process knowledge
What we offer you:
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset