At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time, others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This is a remote position, so you’ll be working remotely from your home. You may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
What you'll get to do…
As a Senior Android Platform Engineer, GoDaddy Payments, you will build world-class payment experiences for merchants and customers on GoDaddy Smart Terminals. As a key member of the PoyntOS team, you will modify the AOSP and develop Android system applications for our payment terminals. You will build technology in Agile software development using test-driven development methodologies, participate in and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs. You will play an active role in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing, and production release. Product will be a closer partner as you craft phenomenal product experiences.
Your experience should include…
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of Android Platform experience
- Expertise in Android Open Source Project (AOSP) – Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL), System Services, memory management
- Familiar with Android builds and related tooling
- Experience in Android application development highly appreciated (NDK/SDK)
- Good level of English – both verbal and written
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
You might also have…
- Firm understanding of Intents, Content Providers, Services, Broadcast Receivers, AsyncTask, Handlers, etc.
- Experience with multi-threaded development on Android platforms
- Proven experience with object-oriented design and design patterns
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs, and solutions
- Strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable country or local laws.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
Job ID: R016877