We believe every author should have an equal opportunity to succeed. Therefore, our mission is to discover hidden talents and turn them into globally successful authors.
Inkitt is a pioneer at the forefront of Data Driven Publishing. We have forever changed the traditional publishing model by inventing an algorithm which analyzes users' reading behavior to identify hits, in turn removing subjectivity from the equation. This gives Inkitt the unique ability to discover hidden talents that might otherwise have gone unnoticed.
At present, we are an international team of 85 passionate and dedicated inventors and entrepreneurs and we are growing quickly. We invent new solutions to problems we encounter, as opposed to simply iterating upon existing solutions.
Are you a builder? Are you looking for more than just innovating? We are looking for the change-makers of the world; the people who just build the solution anytime they are unsatisfied with the status quo.
Be a part of the revolution to develop new ways of distributing our audiobooks, creating games, and video series!
Come build the Disney of the 21st Century with us!
The Senior Backend Engineer position is for all of you experienced builders out there who want to join our Inkitt Platform Team and build the foundation for our company’s future.
- Develop key components and APIs powering our Inkitt and Galatea mobile applications
- Build data collection platforms feeding our Analytics and AI ReadRank and other algorithms
- Investigate and propose the latest containerized and serverless hosting architectures, API gateways, and monitoring solutions
- Architect services for scale and cost, leveraging the big-name cloud providers as well as more exotic offerings as appropriate
- Develop API contracts, create documentation, and support application teams in developing against those APIs
- Write and maintain software components in Golang, Ruby, NodeJS, and Python
- Evangelize exploration and application of new languages and frameworks
- Participate in Incubation of new business-transforming consumer products and services
- 5+ years of professional software development experience within various backend infrastructures
- Expertise in Ruby on Rails and a strong desire to learn other back-end languages
- Experienced with using Docker and Sidekiq, while any experience with building CI pipelines, Kubernetes, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Kafka, or RabbitMQ is a plus
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases, caches, and CDNs
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams, while experience mentoring juniors is a plus
- A drive to raise the bar of the team on Code Quality, User Empathy, and Delivery Speed
What we offer you:
- Top of the line health benefits that align with your local market
- Generous parental leave and support with growing your family
- Ways to help you save and invest in your future
- Opportunities to continuously grow, learn, and develop yourself
- Time away – no set holiday or vacation policy, observe what works for you
- Free access to our Galatea App, as well as an unlimited budget for books
- Fantastic office spaces in Berlin and San Francisco – and always coming up with the next best way to keep our remote colleagues connected
At Inkitt, we strive to build a company culture and provide employment opportunities based on diversity and inclusion. We believe every author should have an equal opportunity to succeed, as should our team members. As a growing team from 20+ countries, we welcome everyone to apply.
We look forward to hearing from you!