Our partner Gowago AG is the easiest and most transparent platform in Switzerland to get a car for a monthly payment. We make it simple for users to get their perfect car, with everything included, all from the comfort of their own home. By doing so, we are taking the car journey into the future and are hiring amazing talent to join us on this adventure.
Gowago is a team of 28 enthusiastic and talented people from many different nationalities working together on the next generation car marketplace.
Together with our partner, we are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help the team grow. You would be a part of a product team consisting of 8 people who take pride in fast pace, execution excellence and clean codebase.
- Main services written in Typescript using Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis etc.
- Several microservices and Lambda functions written in Typescript, Python and Go
- New services are based on an event driven, serverless architecture
- Many Machine Learning models and data pipelines
- Hosting mostly on AWS with a modern CI/CD pipeline, automated testing and infrastructure as code
- Come up with a performant architecture and decide on the right technology for the job
- Implement amazing features using state of the art coding practices and frameworks
- Write and deploy microservices and Lambda functions in your language of choice
- Help solving hard problems the developers in the team are facing and perform rigorous peer-reviews on the pull requests
- Setup new infrastructure elements on AWS as codeEnsure that the codebase follows best practices including unit, integration and e2e testing
- Define and challenge upcoming features from a technical perspective
- Eager to work in a young team with a lot of freedom, flexibility and responsibility
- 5+ years of experience working with web technologies
- Solid knowledge of modern backend architecture
- Very passionate about coding and technology in general
- In-depth knowledge of Typescript and proficient in web technologies
- Engineering mindset
- Fluent English speaker
- We value work-life balance and have flexible working hours. We don't track time, we trust our people
- We offer you a chance to visit conferences and trainings, as we are dedicated to provide all our team members with the opportunity to enhance further their knowledge
- Lots of team activities and perks: "beer evenings", yearly retreats, workshops, hackathons
- Work with an international team of talented engineers
- Modern, sunny and open working place with positive and fun atmosphere
- A stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally
Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know and after the successful probation period come and collect a well-deserved referral fee!