Employee Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 25 days' paid holiday increasing each year
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Massages in the office
- Sweet Tuesdays
- Team sports activities
- Recruitment referral bonus
- Bring your dog to work
- Enhanced pay for new parents
Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband provider.
We offer broadband speeds 11x faster than the UK average, proudly setting a new fibre ‘gold standard' with hyperfast speed, reliability and customer service.
Here in Belgrade, we support our UK colleagues in a shared mission: to gigabit Britain. Our office started up in Belgrade in 2013 with what was then 20 developers. Now it's grown into our largest office with more than 500 people.
Whatever we're doing, going beyond the expected is the benchmark.
We work smarter, together, being agile and responding with the speed our business and customers demand – without compromising on quality. We stay focused, performing at our best to ensure we are focused on hitting targets and goals together. And we strive for excellence, paying attention to the detail, constantly seeking to stretch ourselves and find better ways of doing things.
And today we're looking for a Senior Database Administrator who shares these values. Does this sound like you?
Summary of key responsibilities/deliverables
Hyperoptic database environment consists of MySQL and PostgreSQL relational database systems hosted in AWS, Google Cloud as well as on local premises.
The Senior Database Administrator will be responsible for maintaining and establishing the performance, security, integrity, analytics, recovery, and scalability of the database environments.
What will you be doing?
- Install, design, and maintain database system software and implement database security
- Monitor and analyze database performance and ensure effective and efficient utilization of database systems/processes
- Participate in the development and maintenance of strategic, architectural, and tactical plans for the database and data warehouse environments
- Provide technical leadership on database systems and solutions.
- Provide individual mentoring and training on databases and tools
- Recommend, test, and evaluate new technologies, software tools, and required skill sets; recommend and implement improvements
- Implement a Business Continuity solution for the database environment, including the installation and configuration of database software and replication processes
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act
What are we looking for?
- Degree level in field such as information technology or computer science
- Proven understanding of basic relational database concepts (transaction isolation, normalisation)
- Advanced SQL (Troubleshooting, administration, analytics, high availability)
- Data modelling
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Passion for SQL, database structures and architecture
- Ability to understand technical and business workflows
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. In fact, this is at the heart of our culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
What happens next?
- You apply
- We carefully review your application
- We'll get back to you — even if it's a no (for now)
We look forward to hearing from you.