Acronis is a world leader in cyber protection—empowering people with cutting-edge technology that enables them to monitor, control, and protect the data that their businesses and lives depend on. We are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our engineering team in our R&D center in Sofia, Bulgaria. The goal of this team is implementing complex, low-level technologies related to the software-defined storage as a part of the Acronis Cyber Infrastructure, hyper-converged infrastructure solution. This solution is not only oriented for internal partners, but it is also the core technology used by Acronis, as other products are built on top of it.
We are currently looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our engineering team. The goal of this team is implementing complex, low-level technologies related to the software-defined storage as a part of the Acronis Cyber Infrastructure, hyper-converged infrastructure solution. This solution is not only oriented for internal partners, but it is also the core technology used by Acronis, as other products are built on top of it.
The team you will join provides new functionality, improvements, and maintenance to software storage used in the following usage scenarios:
Archive Storage to Keep Acronis Cyber Backup Cloud and Acronis Backup data secure anywhere – on-premises and in public clouds
Object Storage as our own AWS S3-compatible cloud storage for applications and cloud services
High-performance Storage that allows running virtual machines (VMs) or databases with highly available Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) targets
NFS service built on top of Object Storage
Every member of our “A-Team” has an instrumental role and impact on the success of Acronis innovative and growing business, so we are looking for someone who enjoys working in dynamic, global teams and thrives in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment. Just like everyone at Acronis, the ideal candidate will embody all of our company values: responsive, alert, detail-oriented, makes decisions, and never gives up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, build, and maintain efficient and reliable C/Golang code for Object Storage, NFS and iSCSI
- Perform code reviews, implement unit tests, debug, and integrate code
- Work closely with other engineers (including engineers from other teams) to develop new product features
- Suggest and implement improvements on current product functions
- Provide the assistance to support engineers in solving product-related customer issues
WHAT YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- 4+ years of experience in software development
- Strong C/Golang knowledge
- Strong understanding of the Linux user space and kernel subsystems (especially file system, networking, and memory management)
- Knowledge of software engineering principals (standard algorithms, data structures, multithreading, and multiprocessing)
- Experience with Git, JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, etc.
- Development of Linux kernel modules
- Experience with distributed file systems
- Knowledge of S3/NFS protocols
- Contribution to Open Source project
- If you are interested, please apply with your CV in English.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WHO WE ARE
Acronis is revolutionizing cyber protection by integrating backup, disaster recovery, storage, next-generation anti-malware, and protection management into one solution. This all-in-one integration removes the complexity and risks associated with non-integrated solutions and offers easy, complete and reliable data protection for all workloads, applications, and systems across any environment—physical, virtual, cloud, and mobile—all at a low cost.
Founded in Singapore in 2003 and incorporated in Switzerland in 2008, Acronis is truly a global organization with more than 1,900 employees in 33 locations in 18 countries. Its solutions are trusted by more than 5.5 million consumers and 500,000 businesses, including 100% of the Fortune 1000 companies. Acronis products are available through 50,000 partners and service providers in over 150 countries in more than 30 languages. Acronis is in an exciting phase of growth and expansion, recently receiving a $250 million investment from CVC Capital Partners, bringing the total valuation to more than $2.5 billion.
Acronis is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.