We at HolyCode are currently looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer with strong skills and proven experience who is ready to dive into the C Wire team in our Belgrade office.
C Wire is a fast-growing AdTech startup located in Zurich, Belgrade, and Wien. They are on a mission to strengthen free and independent journalism and protect your online privacy. C Wire does this by providing a platform where advertisers can create and deliver powerful advertising campaigns. With their advertising formats, publishers can generate fair and sustainable revenue from their readers, and they do it in a non-creepy way: “We do contextual advertising, using our own proprietary technology. We do not collect and share your data.”
How do they do it?
C Wire deals with a lot of data, and a lot of traffic. Really, a lot!
They get requests every time you load an article on your favourite news website. That multiplied by the biggest news sites in Switzerland, Germany, Austria, and the UK. They scrape, store and categorize all of the articles for contextual targeting.
The heavy lifting is taken care of by their GoLang-based microservices running on an EKS cluster. Data is stored in Postgres and Clickhouse DBs and they’re able to time travel using a Flux capacitor distributed log and Pulsar.
C Wire’s creatives are built using Svelte and the self-services are developed in Vue and Nest.JS.
Why do they need you?
C Wire needs to scale, provide easy-to-use self-service tools for campaign management, and optimize creatives that get thousands of views every hour. They need smart and motivated engineers to do so. Would you like to join them in this mission?
- VueJS/NestJS, TypeORM
- Golang Microservices
- Postgresql, Clickhouse, Elasticsearch, Redis
- Kubernetes on AWS, Prometheus
- CI/CD via GHActions and Fluxcd
- Improve and Innovate on the VueJS/NestJS Portal that serves internal and external clients
- Work on the code that is deployed onto many high profile publisher websites
- Help shaping the development process
- Taking part in the Hiring process
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a related field
- Passion for collaboration and strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Typescript
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language (Bash, Python…)
- Experience with PrebidJS or other Advertising Technologies
- Highly experienced team
- Familial working atmosphere in an open-minded multinational team
- High-growth company in which you can find exciting and trend-setting challenges
- Performance and Scaling challenges that usually only affect much bigger companies
- Amazing product to work on
- Competitive salary
- All necessary equipment – up to you to decide what you prefer
- The budget for professional improvement (courses, conferences, books…)
- Budget for the mastery of the English language during the working hours
- Nice office in Belgrade
- Fully stocked kitchen (tea, coffee, fruits, soft drinks, snacks…)
- Tournaments of table tennis, table soccer, and darts in our office
- Opportunities to build products that really make a difference
- Opportunities to learn and grow with us