Our partner Bergfex is a popular mountain sports portal that covers the whole Alps region and provides simple solutions for outdoor planning in the mountains, especially for skiing and hiking. More than 65 million unique users from all over Europe are using the website to plan their next trip by browsing through accommodation, weather, and highlights of tourism regions in the Alps.
The Bergfex team is working hard to achieve the company's mission where everybody should feel what it means to be a “Bergfex” (dictionary: a mountaineering/winter sports enthusiast).
Together with our new partner, we are forming a Bergfex Belgrade engineering team and are looking for a Senior Full Stack Developer
Two engineers in Belgrade will work side by side within cross-functional teams with the engineers in Austria to further develop the Bergfex architecture.
- Develop and design existing or new backend services / APIs for our website and apps
- Implement the backend but also take care of the associated UI / frontend
- Be responsible for the architecture, speed, and stability of our software solution
- Constantly looking for new technologies and methods that make our platform better, faster, and more stable
- Help colleagues to advance their knowledge by sharing your expertise
- Keep the stability of the latest PHP versions
- 5+ years of professional hands-on experience in software engineering with a focus on PHP
- Deep knowledge of building a REST API
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL and familiar with software architecture
- Strong commitment to high coding and design/architecture standards and best practices
- Practical experience delivering in agile environments (Kanban)
- Flexibility to handle legacy code
- You see yourself as a team player and enjoy learning new things and sharing your knowledge with your colleagues
- You are not only a passive developer but an active developer in a cross-functional team and help determine Bergfex's success
Nice to have:
- Experience with Laravel
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Jira
- Experience in building microservices
We value work-life balance and have flexible working hours
- We offer you a chance to visit conferences and training, as we are dedicated to providing all our team members with the opportunity to enhance further their knowledge
- Lots of team activities and perks: "beer evenings", yearly retreats, workshops, hackathons
- Work with an international team of talented engineers
- A modern, sunny and open working place with a positive and fun atmosphere
- A stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally
- Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know and after the successful probation period come and collect a well-deserved referral fee!