Global IT Factory is a leading global provider of Education Software. We build systems for the top tier universities across the globe. We have been listed by Gartner as one of the top 12 word’s producers of Curriculum Managements Systems. Our global delivery teams are in Serbia and Australia.
Our company’s mission is to empower Universities around the globe to manage and collaborate on designing Curriculums, Courses and Programs for their students. Furthermore, we create standards for them.
As we are now expanding our product set, the opportunity exists for the curious, competent, and self-driven individual to work with our Belgrade team as a Senior Java Developer.
This position fills one of the important roles for the growth and success of our company.
We staff our product teams with the skills necessary to come up with effective solutions that are valuable (our customers choose to buy or use), viable (the solution works within the many constraints of the business), usable (the user can figure out how to use) and feasible (our engineers have the skills and technology to implement).
While the Product Designer is accountable for ensuring the solution is usable, and the Product Manager is accountable for ensuring the solution is both valuable and viable, the Engineering Leads are accountable for ensuring the solution is feasible.
Working alongside our Engineering Leads (Solution Architect and BE Team Leader), you will be given plenty of responsibility and freedom to create quality and performant BE application. You will be working on both, our flagship app Curriculum Management System, and brand-new application that we are starting early next year.
Ideally, you will be based in Belgrade, but we also encourage suitable candidates from other localities to apply.
What You will do:
- Gain and maintain deep understanding of the CMS product and architecture.
- Follow Global IT Factory software development process and best practices.
- Create Jira User Stories based on the business requirements
- Implement the new functionality as well as maintain the existing.
- Practice good coding techniques (Security, Code optimization, Code reuse, Performance etc.) and participate in Code reviews.
- Provide Architectural and Technical guidance to the other team members.
- Work with internal teams of QA engineers and Business Analysts.
What You should bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years working as Java Developer, ideally using Java Spring framework.
- Experience in Web Application development.
- Desire to create products for the Cloud environment.
- Demonstrated ability to present and engage with the internal teams in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Solid (English) written and oral communication skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and care about your career and wellbeing.
- Friendly, collaborative, and flexible work environment.
- Interesting and challenging work to foster your personal and professional growth.
- Ability to spend some time working in Australia.
Why Work with us:
- We work in cross-functional teams that are very strong technically. You’ll be working alongside senior professionals, with plenty of industry experience. Being part of a highly professional, growing team focused on great outcomes, will foster your personal and professional growth.
- We’ll trust you and help you grow. You’ll be given plenty of responsibility as your role will be vital for the company to meet its proposed targets. We also take career development seriously, and provide education and courses as needed.
- Work from anywhere. We rely on top global talent, not only those living within a 10km radius from the office. We trust our people to work remotely and deliver on the proposed results.
Interested? Apply now to learn more about this opportunity and gain the chance to be a part of a growing technology company!
Feedback will be provided to all applicants.