The Senior Fraud Research Software Engineer will be working on researching fraud and building automated procedures, reports, and solutions for anti-fraud purposes.
The senior role involves performing leadership roles.
- Delegate assignees according to the existing duties and occupation
- Act as a technical lead on fraud projects
- Improve existing software environment and techniques for augmenting fraud research activities as well as existing and future services closely related to fraud prevention and research
- Be a leader in researching global Telco and SMS industry data to improve and update TeleSign’s domain knowledge
- Be in charge of supervising the database infrastructure for fraud research activities
- Examine large amounts of data and do behavioral analysis to identify fraudulent activity
- Provide insight into fraud behavior and recommend reactive as well as predictive actions
- Communicate with other teams about fraud activities and data
- Update and supervise fraud-related tasks in Jira
- Organize and write fraud-related technical information and documentation on Confluence
- Follow and relay to the team the latest world fraud trends
- Share experience within the fraud research group in data mining, machine learning, expert systems, and automated systems
- Organize technical interviews for hiring new team members
- 4-7 years of hands-on software development experience using Python programming language
- Experience building and running SQL queries against large databases is required
- Solid experience in Git and branching
- Work with minimal supervision on analysis tasks, and with little or no supervision on development tasks
- Understand of development best practices and standards (design pattern, PEP-8, etc.)
- Strong understanding of AGILE and SCRUM methodologies
- Self-learner with strong problem-solving skills
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and organizational skills
- Ability to make decisions based on both quantitative and ambiguous qualitative input
- Data analysis experience
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Strong orientation to details
- Innovative and proactive approach
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferably in Applied Sciences
- Experience with REST API development
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Redis, etc)
- Understanding of Message Queuing Systems (RabbitMQ, Qpid, etc)
- GitFlow experience
- Knowledge of basic Linux system administration tasks
- Experience in risk management, anti-fraud, anti-spam, or anti-virus analyst positions
- Telco or SMS industry experience
We are offering
- Opportunity to work remotely if that is your preference
- Good compensation – Competitive € salary plus benefits package.
- Development opportunities.
- Challenging but also a friendly working environment.
- And much, much more…
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.
Join our team, send your application in English language electronically.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be handled with absolute confidentiality.