The Linux Systems Engineers are a highly technical and skilled team that handle the entire Linux infrastructure for CCBill and phoenixNAP, a CCBill integration partner i.e. deploying VMs, automating their deployment, maintaining F5 LTMs and GTMs, deploying and maintaining different kubernetes clusters, MySQL clusters, etc. The team handles approximately 2000 nodes.
This role is 100% Linux focused and related purely to Linux applications. There is no maintenance of the physical infrastructure since other teams handle it.
The team are a distributed team based in the US, Malta and Serbia.
Candidate will be part of an on-call rotation.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design and implement highly available and scalable infrastructure
- Providing in-depth technical guidance and mentorship
- Working to continually improve processes and procedures with both internal and external teams
- Implement best security practices
- Enforcing technical and operational standards as set by senior engineering staff
- Quickly adapting to an ever-changing environment
- Ability to research and test unfamiliar technologies
- Proficiency and passion for maintaining enterprise Unix/Linux environments
- Proficiency with Web Servers (httpd and/or nginx) and Tomcat, SSL, and network protocols such as TCP, HTTP(S), SMTP, DNS, etc
- Experience working with Puppet (preferred), Ansible, or other configuration management and deployment frameworks
- Experience working with monitoring and alerting tools (Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana, Zabbix)
- Experience managing and administering MySQL (preferred), PostgreSQL, or other SQL based relational databases
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and Docker (or other container runtimes) is a plus
- Strong communication, documentation, and analytical skills
- Experience with event management, incident handling, and problem resolution
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a highly innovative and creative team, in a great working environment. A competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the right candidate.