Job Introduction (Primary Accountabilities of the position)
The Senior Manager, Data & Analytics is managing a globally distributed team of internal experts, contractors, consultants and vendors with the core mission to derive insights from data helping Magna to generate competitive advantages and improve the operational & financial performance.
You will be working closely with various stakeholders across the organization to enable advanced analytics and business intelligence use cases by applying the right technology to transform data into real, tangible business value. The role is also responsible to address the growing demand for event driven integration across Magna’s heterogeneous application ecosystem.
To be successful in this role, you need to have experience leading delivery and ownership of enterprise application integration, data & analytics capabilities, and its underlying technology platforms. You will need to be comfortable engaging with numerous teams across the enterprise to align on priorities and roadmaps. You will also need to be comfortable with managing software engineering work and overseeing a large service and project portfolio.
- Lead development of analytic data products, including pilots and proof of concepts.
- Execute data strategies to support various consumption patterns and identify enterprise architecture, platforms, and data infrastructure needs
- Drive strategy & approach for data hubs, lakes, warehouses & supporting integrations architecture in a heterogeneous environment; optimizing cloud costs, ensuring re-usability to support both integrations and analytics, while driving operational efficiency, governance & security
- Lead the team in consulting with business partners to help establish efficient analytics and business intelligence tools, frameworks, and capabilities. Educate business leaders about self-service tools and provides support for teams as they stand up internal functions.
- Enable event-driven architecture for enterprise application integration, build and operate a robust & versatile integration layer
- Strongly participate in Magna’s Data Literacy initiative; Drive a CoE / Community for Data, BI & Analytics in collaboration with various stakeholders in the different lines of business
- Grow and develop a full stack team responsible for delivery & support of data solution, drive strategic workforce planning to minimize reliance on third-party vendors/consultants, while increasing internal capabilities and creating robust career pathway opportunities
- Budget management including people, software, and services
Knowledge and Education
- Completion of University Degree
- 7 or More Years of Work Related Experience
- 7+ years of experience in delivery & support of data solutions / technology, and 5+ years as a people leader overseeing a broad range of talent across multiple work locations
- Skills and Competencies Required to Perform the Job (communication skills, analytical and problem-solving abilities, etc.)
- Proven track record in building & sustaining high performing team capable of driving technical modernization efforts in parallel to delivering on business commitments
- Strong track record of managing external vendors and service providers, including cloud cost optimization & ongoing active management
- Experience in managing complex delivery initiatives in highly dynamic, global organization;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations
- Ability to drive through directly and through influence, with agility and leadership skills which engineers recognize and respect
- Experience designing, building & operating large Cloud-ready, scalable data solutions
- Strong knowledge of integration design patterns and experience in working on large scale integration projects, strong understanding of Data Mesh and Data Fabrics concepts
- Previous experience establishing data governance & security / access model in partnership with key business partners considered a strong asset
- Hands-on experience with data & analytics technology & integration platforms
- Excellent English in spoken and written.