IGT (www.igt.com) is a global leader in gaming with 5$ billion revenue, 12000+ employees in more than 100 countries. IGT Belgrade branch provides gaming products for commercial casino markets, distributed government-sponsored markets, interactive (online) markets, and sports betting markets. Our branch in Belgrade has 400+ employees and is located at Business Center “Ušće” with team offices with great views.
We are looking for Game Mathematician to join us in delivering the next generation of digital casino and lottery products for a worldwide audience. We are a passionate team, in the process of undergoing a technology shift.
Game Mathematician will join our team that is working on the Specialty product line, where we convert/adapt existing slot machine mathematics already released on casino market, to meet requirements for the certain market, and be released in the Specialty lottery. This position will get an existing game with pre-existing mathematical logic that needs to be adapted for new markets. Work will be based on migrating existing mathematical calculations by using (analyzing, coding, adapting & improving) in-house developed tools for casino games to Specialty lottery markets. This position requires profile that has both mathematical and technical skills, strong focus, and ability to work both individually and with other teams.
You will be part of a Belgrade studio team which produces games for Specialty lottery markets but very often you will be in contact with colleagues from different studios (in EU, US & Canada) which offer support for tools and mathematical calculations.
In your daily routine, you will work closely with Game Developers, Game Mathematicians, QA, Project Managers, Game Designers as well as with consultants from external laboratory that verify the game before it is released to the market.
Due to our international structure, IGT provides you with a challenging multicultural environment where you can use your initiative and contribute to the realization of the company’s targets. IGT strongly believes in personal development and invests continually in training and coaching.
What you will be working on:
- Using various internally developed tools to adapt/convert mathematics
- Changing the existing mathematical logic, if required, to meet requirements of the new market
- Work together with Game Designer on the tuning of the various payouts of the game
- Write Python simulations to test the mathematical logic of our games
- Work closely with Developers as well as with other teams during the game development lifecycle
- Prepare the necessary mathematical documentation for technical approval, ensuring that jurisdictional requirements are met
- Be the internal contact person for requests and questions concerning game mathematics from external laboratory
- Good knowledge of Python and ability to demonstrate it during our assessment
- Experience in Python Development
- English language written/spoken is required for communication with studios abroad
- Mathematical knowledge of statistics and probability is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Being precise, detailed, and accurate
- Proactive and a team player (cooperating with other teams and having a curious mindset)
- Solid technical English as well as good communication skills
- Ability to understand and analyze C# code will be a plus.
- Experience in mathematics, statistics, software engineering, or similar
Our Recruitment Process:
- CV review
- Interview with Talent Acquisition Partner
- Test – Candidates will be asked to complete different assignments in the area of programming (Python), and basic probability calculation on simple slot game example (as this is required for the position).
- Technical interview – Check of candidate's skills (MS Teams guided Python assessment and basic statistical math questioning is needed)
- Final interview (Salary and terms agreement)