We are looking for a seasoned backend developer to help us scale our marketing platform to build cutting-edge advertising solutions for our customers. The primary focus will be developing new functionalities in a micro-services environment built on the AWS platform. You will be a part of a creative team responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification to developing, testing and launching.
- Proven software development experience in PHP and frameworks like Laravel/Symfony
- Writing clean, thoughtfully crafted PHP that scales
- Working with relational and NoSQL databases, version control tools and developing microservices
- Design and develop micro-services
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. web, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Experience writing and consuming RESTful APIs.
- Experience writing automated tests and working in a CI/CD environment
- Familiarity with AWS services like EC2, S3, and Lambda
- Proficient in communicating with Elasticsearch or similar data stores
- Experience working in small cross-functional Agile teams to build complex systems
- Ability to design schema-less NoSQL approaches where necessary
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Developing using Docker is a plus.
Nice To Have:
- Understanding front-end technologies and platforms
- Working in an agile-based workflow utilizing tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and others
- Passion for software development, learning, and growing your craft
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
What we offer
- Take Ownership
- In BlueGrid.io, we nurture a culture of accountability and taking ownership over our responsibilities. We are focused and care about the outcome. Act with integrity and own it!
- Learning is the King
- Knowledge, passion and sharing our skills is highly valued. We learn from our mistakes and strive towards daily improvements of ourselves and motivate others in our team to do the same.
- Hold my Beer!
- We love fire starters! To be truly great you need to take risks and we encourage our team to take the initiative to go the extra mile. Our culture is rich with individuals who are not afraid to think and work outside-the-box.
- Catch the Ball
- Every individual in BlueGrid.io is remarkable, but we are a team above all else. Catch the ball if it’s going in your direction, but don’t forget to help out a teammate if he’ll miss his. Oh, and yea — we don’t play with assholes.
- Don’t Forget to Play
- All work and no play make our work dull. Playfulness and cherishing our inner child gives us all a little break, but it also promotes creativity and brings everyone together. And we can always find a way to celebrate.