Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- 25 days' paid holiday increasing each year
- Extra days off for your birthday, moving home, or wedding/civil partnership
- Private Medical Insurance
- Recruitment referral bonus
- Extra week off for new parents
- Hybrid work
- Massages in the office (SRB)
- Sweet Tuesdays (SRB)
- Wine Friday (SRB)
- Team sports activities (SRB)
- Bring your dog to work (SRB)
Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband provider.
We offer broadband speeds 11x faster than the UK average, proudly setting a new fibre ‘gold standard' with hyperfast speed, reliability and customer service.
And we're on a mission: to gigabit Britain.
Whatever we're doing — whether we're liaising with property professionals, delivering our network, or installing in a customer's home, going beyond the expected is the benchmark.
We work smarter, together, being agile and responding with the speed our business and customers demand – without compromising on quality. We stay focused, performing at our best to ensure we are focused on hitting targets and goals together. And we strive for excellence, paying attention to the detail, constantly seeking to stretch ourselves and find better ways of doing things.
And today we're looking for a Senior Project Manager – Technology & Innovation who shares these values. Does this sound like you?
Summary of key responsibilities/deliverables
The purpose of the role of a Senior Project Manager is key in managing end-to-end delivery of our Technology & Innovation portfolio initiatives linked to the strategic objectives of Hyeproptic.
You must be able to apply top-down thinking and dive deep into details when needed. You will be skilled at managing multiple priorities, and communicating effectively with employees of all levels. The ideal candidate will be highly detail and task oriented and comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment.
You will plan and coordinate activities between the different delivery teams, monitor and report on progress and constantly look to improve our processes and ways of working.
In the addition, the role will act as a single point of reporting regarding assigned project deliveries and escalation for partners and POCs from internal stakeholders. The role will manage and drive the cumulative milestones, KPIs and targets, ensuring both, external partners and internal stakeholders provide appropriate outputs. The role will be responsible for the successful delivery of the projects or programme of activities against key KPIs, including cost, quality and timeline whilst continuously driving efficiency increases.
What will you be doing?
- The Senior Project Manager will ensure that these rollouts/projects are initiated, planned, communicated, managed and monitored through:
- Planning, forecasting, managing and proactively monitoring key project progress; resolving issues and initiating appropriate action
- Managing communications with and reporting to all stakeholders
- Managing dependencies within projects
- Reporting the progress at regular intervals
- Creating overall roadmaps for the delivery of the project(s)/programe
- Identifying and driving improvements in processes, tools, and reports
- Guide and support management in the delivery, liaising closely with the Leadership Team (LT) as appropriate to achieve business targets
- Create and deliver overall roadmaps and dedicated plans along with revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Identify dependencies and assign responsibilities, identifying gaps where appropriate
External partner management
- Continuously liaise with stakeholders from other functions to drive operational changes and communication to external partners, as required, ensuring timely completion of tasks
- Ensure that internal teams and external partners complete, and issue all required deliverables
- Providing regular reporting on progress to the senior leadership team as required.
- Utilization of project management techniques to set deliverables and milestones
- Ensure effective fiscal reporting, working closely with finance to track benefits
- Effective reporting of KPIs at the appropriate level, dependant on the audience
What are we looking for?
- Degree or equivalent experience
- Project/Programme management accreditation
- A strong project delivery background, preferably in the telecoms, utilities or IT sectors
- Strong experience in governing projects and tracking progress
- Demonstrable experience in coordinating teams including other managers
- Designing projects roadmap to meet business goals
- Strong experience from a consulting, business analysis, programme/project management background
- Fundamental understanding of process modeling and improvement
- Strong influencing and interpersonal communication skills
- Proactive approach with an ability to self-manage/work independently
- Excellent to Good English Verbal and Written Skills
- Excellent excel skills and ability to build reports and clearly present the show and business cases
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. In fact, this is at the heart of our culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
What happens next?
- You apply
- We carefully review your application
- We'll get back to you — even if it's a no (for now)
We look forward to hearing from you.