At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia, and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
Members of our Technology division have the opportunity to extend our platform of more than 100 services, build innovative tools and products, and are involved in designing new and custom solutions. Our QA team is looking for a Software Engineer experienced with Python who can help us improve and maintain our infrastructure for executing automated tests. These automated tests evolved over the years and common parts of them have been made into our internal framework. Improving and maintaining this framework would also be required, as well as cooperation with the rest of the QA team to make sure best practices for its usage are followed.
Work locations: Serbia remote, Belgrade (remote, hybrid), Novi Sad (remote, hybrid)
Seven Bridges is a remote friendly company with the offices in Belgrade and Novi Sad.
Do you have what it takes?
- Have 3+ years of relevant engineering/data analysis experience
- Be experienced in Python server-side development, and open to learning another programming language
- Understand the common design patterns and engineering practices
- Know how to work with at least one modern build system
- Have a solid knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
- Have good communication skills
- Be proficient in spoken and written English
- Be genuinely curious and constantly strive to learn
It would be great if you:
- Have experience with the architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications
- Have strong Computer Science background
- Are comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.)
- Some of the libraries and technologies we use: Ansible, Django, Twisted, FastAPI, Celery, Docker, MongoDB, MySQL, Postgres, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Memcached. Experience with some or all of these technologies is a big plus, but not a requirement.
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productization, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together.
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our benefits: We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.