phoenixNAP is a global IT services provider offering progressive Infrastructure-as-a-Service solutions from locations worldwide. It makes enterprise-grade technology available on a pay-per-use model for greater cost savings and offers customizable solutions to meet even the most sophisticated needs.
Bare Metal Cloud is a cloud native-ready dedicated platform built to enable automated provisioning of physical servers and is a cost-efficient solution that facilitates building, deploying, and scaling apps from startup to enterprise. Our teams rely on automation to accelerate sprint cycles and ensue error-prone deployment builds. Understanding the needs of modern IT teams, we created a solution to help code, test, and release new features faster.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you will understand and drive API and GUI testing on component, end-to-end and UI levels through cutting-edge technologies and innovative quality solutions.
Working hand in hand with the DevOps Software Engineers, you will be involved in the whole development life cycle i.e., every feature and product that is rolled out for Bare Metal Cloud. You will also work closely with Site Reliability Engineers, Architects, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners to support teams that develop API-first products in an iterative and collaborative manner.
Tech stack/frameworks/methodologies that you will use: Java, Rest Assured, Awaitility, Mocking, Gitlab, Selenium, TestNG, JUnit, Maven, Git, JIRA
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and automate tests for APIs in containerized infrastructure environments
- Develop and automate tests for frontend UI
- Troubleshooting and debugging failed automated test scripts
- Actively participating in analyzing test basis, brainstorming sessions and other relevant meetings
- Research, perform proof-of-concept and implement QA methods to improve test automation, increase test coverage and reduce risks
- Act as an intermediary between the Dev team and Quality Assurance to ensure alignment of testing strategies and standards
- 3 + years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience with Java programming language
- Experience with API testing for distributed software systems
- Experience with browser automation frameworks such as Selenium
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Junit or TestNG
- Experience with agile development and Scrum methodology
- Experience with project management tools such as JIRA
- Experience with DevOps methodology is a plus
- Experience with CICD tools, such as Gitlab is a plus
- History of successful research and proof-of-concept of new technology
- Good communication, collaborative and problem-solving skills
This is an exciting opportunity to continue your professional development and make impactful contributions working with a highly innovative and creative team, in a dynamic environment using the latest technologies, methodologies, and frameworks.