The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for the improvement of the quality of our internally developed software systems. This engineer owns and leads all testing activities, gives guidance to other test and developer engineers on the testing strategy, does research and design for the building and maintaining test automation frameworks, and can work on the research, design, and implementation of software that is a part of team domains. The Senior QA Automation Engineer is responsible for ensuring compliance with new and existing quality standards, implementing quality management actions, and contributing to the development of company policies and procedures.
Who you are:
- (Senior) QA Automation Engineer, or were one, who wants to make a next career step
- You love to work with people and discuss ideas at least as much as working with machines and writing code
- You can grasp abstract ideas and make them work without the need to go into full implementation to test out your hypothesis
- Love working on new things and Proof of Concepts
- Have some experience in mentoring QA and Dev colleagues
- Don't mind occasionally asking people: "Are we there yet?"
- Working on Proof of Concepts and choosing the right tool for the right job
- Document PoC findings in a way that Developers and QA/SDETs can use them with little or no additional research
- Suggest improvements of QA process by suggesting both new tools, best practices, and documentation formats
- Be involved in quarterly planning, in coordination with Senior Engineering Manager, and push for QA improvements and follow up on them until they are implemented
- Be in sync with QAs from multiple teams and track execution of both QA and Engineering goals
- Establish yourself as a go-to person for all testing, best practices, and process related questions
- University Degree or equivalent work experience
- Hands on experience of test automation or software development with OOP (Java, Python, …)
- Experience writing automated functional tests using popular test automation frameworks with TDD/BDD approach
- Experience writing and executing performance tests using any popular performance test tool (JMeter, Locust, Gatling…)
- Mentorship experience in the QA domain
- Strong understanding of QA principles and methodology with the ability to apply this understanding directly to specific problems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of AGILE and SCRUM methodologies
- Experience with CI/CD flows and practices
- Experience testing software in a virtualized environment and common open-source software packages
- Experience testing highly distributed backend systems based on various network protocols
- Experience with cloud computing (e.g., AWS)
- Exposure to large traffic sites or services
- Release management experience
- Exposure to NoSQL technologies (MongoDB, Redis, etc)
- Able to understand and contribute to the broader picture – overall solution architecture and interfacing to the owned parts
We are offering
- Good compensation – Competitive € salary plus benefits package.
- Development opportunities.
- Challenging but also a friendly working environment.
- And much, much more…
TeleSign connects and protects online experiences with sophisticated customer identity and engagement solutions. Through APIs that deliver user verification, data insights, and communications we solve today’s unique customer challenges by bridging businesses to the complex world of global telecommunications.
TeleSign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
TeleSign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.
Join our team, send your application in English language electronically.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be handled with absolute confidentiality.