Senior Service Desk Analyst
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
The Senior Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing 24/7 support for end user requests or problems/issues with IT services/systems and platforms that are required to do business. This role is a primary interface between IT, and the Business, aligned with the global support model and the associated processes and metrics. You will provide mentorship, coaching and training following ITIL best practices for L1 support team as well as become an escalation point to ensure the highest levels of customer service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide Level 1 and 2 support in a large corporate environment with multiple global locations and 15k+ user base.
- Perform all duties within ITIL best practices guidelines for Incident, Change, Request, and Problem
- Adhere to all security best practices, and governance and compliance laws such as HIPAA, SOX, GDPR
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and knowledge base articles to increase first touch resolution
- Suggests improvements to optimize the current support processes with effective workflow items in our end user Service catalogue
- Performs hands-on administration tasks including installation of infrastructure management tools, configuration of technical environment
- Actively monitor and review support cases to identify trends and ensure team adherence of support SLA’s and KPI’s
- Assist Service Desk supervisor in conducting monthly skill set assessments of Level 1 Analysts to help identify opportunities to improve support or recognize solid performers
- Investigates process adherence issues and dissatisfied customer surveys for opportunities for improvement
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Proven experience with hands-on support and infrastructure administration tasks including implementation of approved standard technologies, daily support of production environments, automation of repeatable tasks, and troubleshooting
- Proven focus in metrics-driven delivery.
- Ability to understand, and clearly relate to other members of the organization, technical manuals, software specifications, hardware principals of operations, and general methods of systems software operations
- Solid working knowledge on current techniques and hardware capabilities of personal computers, while having a technical aptitude and awareness of issues with local area networks, wide area networks, and connectivity capabilities that could also impede the end user performance of IT
- Fluent English
Ball Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, faith, ability, or orientation.
Please note the advertised job title might vary from the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and global HR systems.
No agencies please.
If you are interested in the position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.