We are seeking for a Senior Software Validation Engineer to work with our perception software teams to validate software releases and meet rigorous automotive quality standards. This includes test case creation, execution, communication with the customer, bug tracking and first level forensics. This role will support the integration of autonomy software into customer vehicles with the responsibility to run the code on customer vehicles and participate in integration workshops.
Product consisting of a 120° FoV high-resolution lidar sensor (hardware) and perception packages that segment the point cloud delivered by the lidar into interpretable structures like vehicles, pedestrians, and free space (software). Project includes systems and safety development (functional safety, safety of the intended functionality and cybersecurity).
- Develop and execute V&V tests for our perception software and hardware;
- Create test cases and document test results in Jama;
- Facilitate review and approval of test plans;
- Identify, triage, and track software issues through their entire lifecycle (includes support of cross-functional root cause analysis);
- Author software release documentation for our internal and external customer base;
- Author and maintain testing documentation to adhere to ASPICE, Fusa, and ISO 26262 standards Collaborate with internal and external TPMs to inform all parties of software performance and testing status;
- Escalate critical defects with in-depth analysis to engineering leadership;
- Identify product/functionality gaps and collaborate with internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery;
- Own the component testing process;
- Responsible for the V&V process and testing;
- Communicate with a client about requirements;
- Collaborate with team members.
- 5+ years of industry experience working in software validation;
- Hands on experience with bug tracking and forensics;
- Expert knowledge of test case development for embedded/autonomy systems;
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others.
Nice to have:
- Fundamental knowledge of C++ as well as software design;
- Experience in software architecture definition and documentation;
- Experience with large-scale; real-time and/or automotive software systems;
- Proficiency with self-driving car or automotive software technology.