The world's leading retailers trust and rely on Everseen's Visual AI™ solutions to improve their bottom line by minimizing shrink, streamlining operations via hyper automation, and delivering a better customer experience.
Everseen’s Visual AI™ is a comprehensive process aware platform that delivers Checkout Intelligence, Shelf Intelligence, Supply Chain Intelligence, Car Lot Intelligence, Production Line Intelligence, and Generic Process Automation Applications, transforming how businesses see and solve their most costly problems. The company’s ground-breaking AI technology processes over 200 years of video footage every day and protects ~$500B worth of assets.
Everseen has earned multiple industry accolades, including 5 consecutive years as Gartner’s Top Pick for Retail Technology Innovation, Deloitte’s Tech Fast 50 winner, and Google & Deloitte’s new Tech award winner. Everseen is headquartered in Ireland, with its US Head office in Miami as well as R&D Centres in Timisoara, Romania; Belgrade, Serbia; and Barcelona, Spain. For more information visit www.everseen.com.
This position will be part of our engineering team that enables servicing our AI products with our retail customer in thousands of stores.
- Manage, automate and maintain our services and applications running primarily on Linux machines, across the enterprise or its units and departments.
- Conduct and design systems and system operations, while being mindful of performance requirements, for automation of services and software delivery.
- Create, maintain, and run unit tests for both new and existing applications and services, with a goal of delivering defect-free and well-tested solutions.
- Write and maintain system operations documentation (articles, diagrams, data flows etc.) for new and existing applications and services.
- Keep up-to-date on best practices and new technologies.
- Rapid prototyping and presenting conceptual design and working system prototypes while writing readable, extensible, testable code integrated with existing systems and services.
- Conduct, design and execute production staging and mass service deployment scenarios.
- Collaborate on technical architecture and system design.
- Analyze and collect data: log files, application stack traces, thread dumps etc.
- Reproduce and simulate application incidents to create debug reports and coordinate delivery of application fixes.
- Evaluates existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and to ensure the final solutions meet organizational needs
- Interact with cross-functional management on high profile technical operations while providing clear feedback and leadership to support teams.
Successful candidature requirements
- Docker building Docker images using dockerfiles
- Create compose files for docker-compose to bring up stack of docker containers
- Ansible (or similar automation tool)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins or similar)
- Debugging (sometimes live)
Critical to know:
- Quick to learn how to use 3rd party frameworks or code libraries
- Quick to learn how various pieces work in a system (ours)
- DevOps Skills (quick to replace a module, without much downtime)
- Determine integration requirements for an evolving system or a new one (at idea stage)
- Quick software prototyping
- Assists deployers, configurators, TS, development when they get stuck
- Able to quickly put up a functioning system out of available code and libraries
- Ability to compare and present / select products (including software) available on market that fits a particular purpose
Sufficient knowledge / experience of / in:
- Packaging using Makefiles
- Use CI build systems (Jenkins/GitLab CI/etc)
- Centralized logging using Elastic ELK stack (or similar)
- Bash script
- Mysql & ElasticSearch
- REST, JSON, XML
- Programming skills in any of the following languages is a plus (React, Go, Nodejs, Scala, C++)
- Azure stack and tools