Service Desk Supervisor
The Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for team of people that maintain the primary interface of IT to the business users on a daily basis – to provide first line of support for users when experiencing problems/issues or other difficulties in using the IT systems and platforms that are required to execute their work. The scope of responsibility is to provide guidance, mentorship and point of escalation as a lead of a 24×7 Service Desk. Assign Service Desk personnel tasks, direct work, and evaluate service level performance. Also the role will monitor and trend performance of support team to ensure operational and service level targets are met. Position is responsible for process, documentation and training development associated with support efforts and for providing second-tier support to resolve problems with PC, server or ERP applications and associated hardware. Supervisor will work with network services, software systems engineering, and/or applications development to restore service and/or identify and correct core problems.
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector? Join us, and build your career by helping us build.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervises the end user support team to ensure support to business users utilizing Ball Corp IT supported applications, devices, and supporting technology, is provided in a timely and courteous manner to effectuate complete customer satisfaction
- Provides oversight and direction for the processes and supporting tools required for the execution of the end user support mission, assuring that the team has the appropriate toolset, and is adequately trained in the processes to succeed in their mission
- Identifies, responds to, and initiates the necessary activities within IT to resolve user reported issues with IT systems in a manner consistent with user expectations and the appropriate urgency is established with respect to individual issues reported
- Provides oversight of the actions required to remediate issues in team performance if it is not meeting expectations. Drive the processes to assess team performance and create action plans to continuously improve the efficiency of end user support operations
- Together with the Business Partner group, works with business users to assure that there are expectations set, via Service Level Agreements, on the responsiveness of the End User Support Team. Advocate with Senior Leadership for the necessary human and technical resources to meet the established Service Levels
- Directs, motivates, delegates, and empowers staff in the successful performance of their tasks and responsibilities while encouraging innovation. Leads the performance of personnel to assure outcomes are consistent with expectations of contracts
- Actively participate in the release planning and management process in order to assure continuity of service for end users during and after technology releases, and identify risks/issues that require remediation as well as root cause to affect improvements in overall IT implementation of new/enhanced services and capabilities
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly IT sector and identify technological improvements that could be made to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the End User Support Function
- Collaborates with the Partner Organization management team in terms of providing work coverage during periods of personnel absence
- Collaborates with the Partner Organization management team on continuous process improvements
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 5 year(s) minimum
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field preferred or a corresponding number of years’ experience in IT
- 4 years’ experience in personal computing, with 2 years as a supervisor within a personal computing environment
- Experience in leading global, multinational and remote teams, including off-shore, in matrix organization, with demonstrated ability to work across multiple critical paths and develop schedules in a collaborative environment
- Experience with build-out of effective teams that understand and commit to organizational goals; fosters goodwill and collaboration among team members and among teams; uses teams to address relevant issues; leads by example
- Certifications/Licenses: ITIL Certification desired
- Ability to understand, and clearly relate to other members of the organization, technical manuals, software specifications, hardware principals of operations, and general methods of systems software operations
- Knowledge at the expert level of current techniques and hardware capabilities of personal computers, while having a technical aptitude and awareness of issues with local area networks, wide area networks, and connectivity capabilities that could also impede the end user performance of IT
Ball Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We actively encourage applications from everybody, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, faith, ability, or orientation.
Please note the advertised job title might vary from the job title on the contract due to local job title structure and global HR systems.
No agencies please.
If you are interested in the position and your profile fits with the above requirements, please send us your resume.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.