Our partner Alma Media is a Finnish digital service business and media company focused on building sustainable growth from media to services, providing content and services that benefit users in their everyday lives, work and leisure time. In Finland, business operations include leading housing and automotive marketplaces, financial and professional media, national consumer media and content and data services for professionals and businesses. Alma Media operates in 11 countries in Europe and employs approximately 1,800 professionals.
Together with our partner we are looking for a Software Architect to join the Ovi PRO project, lead the team and develop a technically high quality product. Ovi PRO is a housing ecosystem in Finland which aims to revolutionise the Real Estate Industry, with a completely web-based system which provides a platform for handling real estate assets, such as apartments or land, functioning as a portfolio manager for different assets. Ovi PRO handles the buying and selling part of the process, making it the one-stop shop for all real-estate related services.
- Providing (technical) leadership to team mates through coaching and mentorship
- Plan, design, develop, test, and maintainin collaboration with other team members
- Communicating between team members about requirements and planning
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Coordinating with other teams
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team
- Make projects research and expand the know-how of the team
- Communication with other team members and customers in English
- BSc or MSc in engineering or equivalent degree
- Experience in working in Technical Lead / Hands-on architect role
- Experience in implementing microservices and REST APIs
- Familiar with backend developing using NodeJS and TypeScript
- Experience in working with databases such as Postgres and DynamoDB
- Experience of developing in AWS environment, preferable cloudnative development and understanding of Lambda-functions.
- Experience with DevOps, for example: CI CD Pipeline, Release Management
- Proficient in developing high-quality code
- Ability to work with and lead a team in technical matters
- Good communication and coaching skills
- Knowledge and experience in using agile working methods
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal)
- We value work-life balance and have flexible working hours
- We offer you a chance to visit conferences and training, as we are dedicated to giving all our team members the opportunity to further enhance their knowledge
- Lots of team activities and perks: "beer evenings", yearly retreats, workshops, hackathons
- Work with an international team of talented engineers
- A modern, sunny and open working place with a positive and fun atmosphere
- A stimulating work experience that will allow you to grow both professionally and personally
- Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know and after the successful probation period come and collect a well-deserved referral fee!