Arcadis Gen is the new SaaS business from Arcadis, backed by a €3bn+ revenue, 27,000-person, 70-country, 130-year-old company. We are bold, dynamic, and disruptive, revolutionizing the future of digital asset management through our 250+ colleagues in over 10 countries worldwide.
Gen has one purpose: to unlock the power of data for a more sustainable, efficient, and resilient world. The world is rapidly changing, and the potential of boundless data and transformative technologies brings countless challenges. And no-one is meeting these challenges quite like we are. Our customers want digital solutions that will optimize their businesses – for better performance, reliability, and improved quality of life for everyone. And that is what we do.
We are looking for experienced Software Development Engineers to work in our Software Product Development teams. Software Development Engineers are responsible for the technical development of our software products. Ideally, you will be a full stack software developer who work within our product development and platform teams. You will work on all aspects of development of a cloud-based, SaaS platform which supports a range of applications. You will be expected to be comfortable working with both server-side and front-end technologies.
You will work within a high-performing Agile team delivering exciting new products. Our teams are highly self-organising, and you will be expected to fit in to our self-starting, highly motivated team ethos. You will be responsible to your fellow team members, and report progress to the scrum master and the product owner.
Software Development Engineers will also work closely with other teams in Gen, including a close collaboration with other Architecture Owners and development teams.
Our products solve problems and unlock data on the physical asset lifecycle. You will be working with a mix of teams who are developing our next generation software products on our Arcadis Gen platform as working with teams who are working our existing product sets. We are rapidly expanding the number and size of our product teams, which you will be instrumental in facilitating.
- Building Awesome Software – Build features that deliver user value; fix bugs and make sure they stay fixed for ever. Collaborate with subject-matter experts to find the best possible solution. Demonstrate your work to stakeholders in sprint review sessions.
- Discover, learn and apply new technologies – Help keeping the business cutting edge by working with hot-off-the-press frameworks and features. Learn, learn, learn, and then tell the team what we should be doing. Have a can-do attitude and an enthusiasm for software technology.
- Work with an agile team – Contribute to standard sprint ceremonies (planning, refinement, reviews and retrospectives). Assist the test engineers with the testing of the code you develop. Communicate what you’re doing with all the other members of the team, especially the other developers.
- Collaboration – Collaborate closely with the multidisciplinary teams within Gen and extend to include partnering with a wide cross section of other groups from academia to start ups and the wider. Collaboration with testers to ensure that newly developed features are tested in a timely manner and meet quality standards. Working with Architecture Owners, Product Owners and Product Managers
- Development – Front end and server-side code to deliver against user stories which meet the agreed sprint goal and the acceptance criteria of the stories and technical specification of the architecture owner.
- Write automated tests for as much of your code as feasible – we aim for 100% coverage where practical
- Perform code reviews for other team members to ensure that coding standards are maintained
- Input into the refinement of stories during backlog refinement sessions, including tasking up of stories ready for estimation
- Input into sprint planning sessions so that the team can effectively plan sprint deliverables
What You Bring
- 2+ Years’ Experience in Technology with a core focus on Software Product Development
- Technical related degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Agile Product Development and SDLC knowledge
- Some Experience in PaaS – one of AWS or MS Azure
- Proficient in SQL and with relational databases
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence) Knowledge of Microsoft tools (Azure DevOps)
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of Automation
- Knowledge of GoF design patterns
- Learning design and development
- Asset Management knowledge
- Asset Performance Management knowledge
- Analytics knowledge
- Linux Knowledge
- An environment with the innovative culture and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up, but with the security of a new venture backed by a large publicly listed company.
- A commitment to the principles of flexible working to enable you to have your ideal work-life integration.
- A series of Healthy Working Practices across Gen, including Thinking Thursdays, a day dedicated each week to minimising meetings and maximising opportunities to reduce the Arcadis Gen load.
- Social events (virtual for the time-being) and gratitude programmes, including vouchers on your birthday.
- And of course, Compensation and performance incentive schemes which reward superior delivery.
- Leading healthcare, financial and wellbeing benefits, with support for learning and professional development.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The community of the future is a place for everyone, and Arcadis Gen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role. All employment is based on merit and business need.