IO Global, creator of the blockchain platform Cardano, is searching for an experienced Web Back-End Software Engineer to join the Plutus Certification team.
The Plutus Certification team is currently working to deliver certification for distributed applications (DApps), which is provided as a part of the Cardano DApp Store. The DApp Store will be the one-stop-shop for distributed applications on Cardano, providing not only inclusivity from across the ecosystem but also assurance about how particular DApps behave. The store will give Cardano users the ability to download, evaluate and review applications that have been supplied by developers across the Cardano community.
To give users and developers maximum assurance about the behavior of DApps, the store will also present information and certification about DApp behavior at three levels: automated testing (level 1), audit (level 2), and program verification (level 3). Witnessing evidence for certification will be secured by cryptographic means, eg through the issuance of NFTs containing the evidence as metadata.
To keep such a heady mixture of research, development, and design working well requires a wide range of highly competent people working together in a collegial and cooperative environment. If that sounds like fun to you, drop us a line.
- Work with software engineers, designers, product managers, dev ops, and test engineers to deliver web-based solutions to requirements for DApp certification
- In partnership with the team lead, take a key role in building back-end solutions for DApp certification, including testing services and online witnessing of DApp audit
- Work in collaboration with external stakeholders, including the Cardano DApps team and the creative team
- Design and create code, tests, supporting documentation, and teaching materials for face-to-face and online presentation.
- Your expertise
- It is essential that the candidate has at least 3 years experience of back-end web software development, web servers/HTTP, database tech
- It is essential that the candidate should have some experience using Nix to build systems, as well as these web technologies: Servant, Cabal, Nomad (or be keen to master them)
- It is essential that the candidate should have some familiarity with functional programming (ideally with some Haskell language experience) or have a strong interest in learning functional programming
- Knowledge of back-end program development for the modern browser stack
- Design and use of domain-specific languages (DSLs) would be a bonus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of working remotely with a team
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail.
- IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone with at least partial overlap in a European time zone for this role.
- All Colleagues
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work – ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan