Software Quality Engineer
Location: Novi Sad R&D
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent, and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic, and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
For our R&D location in Novi Sad (Pupin palace), we are currently in search for Software Quality Engineer. The role of Software Quality Engineer works closely with SW Project manager and SW developers to ensure wheatear all functionalities are implemented on time, through requirements activities, design, development, and tests. If this does not work, they will ensure that corrective action is taken. In necessary SW Quality Engineer can escalate to management through and independent reporting channel.
The tasks are predominantly of a preventive nature where quality assurance activities start long before writing the first line of code, where quality assurance engineers are responsible for setting up an effective Quality Assurance strategy with defined quality objectives by making sure that these objectives will be met during the product life cycle.
As Software Quality Engineer in Project your main responsibilities will be to:
- define SW quality assurance strategy for the project and closely collaborate with Software Project Manager and SW developers to ensure the best project approach.
- define together with the SW Project Manager software quality measures (e.g., branch coverage, violation of static code analysis, SW requirements test coverage…)
- participate in all project meetings which are relevant for software quality (e.g SW-Team-Meeting, Risk Management meetings) and be the “1th level” support” for all quality and process related topics within project
- participate in reviews of major, software related work products of the project (e.g., planning documents, SW Release Notes)
- evaluate quality and software related data of the project and informs the staff and the management periodical using the report of the project quality and appropriate meetings,
- train and support the software team in software quality questions
- support the SW team with audit preparation when needed
A mentor will support you to gradually take over responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes, and organization.
- University Degree (i.e., Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science)
- Proactivity and feeling comfortable to take initiative
- Very good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Basic knowledge of programming languages for embedded systems (e.g C, C++, Java or Python)
Would be a plus:
- Experience working with Agile work methodologies (e.g Scrum) and tools (JIRA, GIT)
- Automotive experience (e.g., knowledge if Automotive SPICE, ISO 26262) is an advantage
- Quality methods and techniques (e.g., moderation, problem solving/5Why, audits) is an advantage
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic team in a globally active organization
- Competitive pay and a comprehensive benefit package
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible working hours and mobile work
- Private health Insurance
- Fitpass premium
If you are interested in this job position, you can send us your resume and letter of application in English language via poslovi.infostud.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.