CompStak envisions a commercial real estate industry in which accurate and transparent data leads to better, faster deals for everyone. We gather critical information that is hard to access, then make it instantly and seamlessly available to our platform members.
About the role
We are expanding our tech team and looking for a talented Sr Frontend Engineer to help us bring our unique data products to the market. This is a remote opportunity, for engineers based in countries south of the US. What you will work on will challenge the status quo and change our industry forever. You will be working in the following environment:
- React/Redux with redux-thunk, all the babel goodness
- CSS Modules
- High speed maps with MapBox GL
- Big data visualisations
- Zero configuration dev environment with Webpack builds
- Docker based testing environments are automatically created for every PR
- Jest and Enzyme unit tests run on every PRA full suite of Selenium tests (that you won’t have to touch).
Who are you?
As our Senior Frontend Engineer you will have a minimum 4 full years of experience with a proven track record of delivering high quality maintainable software services and or products. At CompStak we provide an amazing environment for your continuous personal and professional growth and in return we hope that:
- You are interested in data-driven products
- Your professional mission is to develop rock-solid systems and write clean and maintainable code
- You are focused on solving problems via well designed composable systems
- You are interested in working in a lean startup environment
- You are always eager to learn no matter the depth of your experience
- You are a kind person who has easy time collaborating with other people
- You are happy to mentor less experienced gifted engineers
- You are either a designer who grew into a developer and didn’t look back OR have a degree in Computer Science
- You have experience with React, Redux, and CSS Modules
- You value simplicity of code and code craftsmanship
- You can write a good readme and great pull request
- Proficiency in English, both written and spoken. C1 or higher
- Flexible working hours
- Team events of different sorts
- Different opportunities to develop your professional skills including conferences, courses, etc.
Launched in 2012, we’ve built a network of over 30,000 brokers, appraisers and research professionals across the country, using a unique crowdsourced model. Our clients enjoy the foremost lease and sale transaction data combined with a robust analytics platform. CompStak’s unique data and intuitive platform is used by the world’s largest real estate investors, lenders, brokers and appraisers to compare properties, underwrite investments and loans, close deals and track market trends.
CompStak has over 100 team members in the US and overseas; and we continue to grow. We’re backed by top VCs and industry players like Morgan Stanley, Canaan Partners, IA Capital, Transamerica, Moody’s, RealPage, 500 Startups, and Daily Mail Group, and have raised over $75m to date. Our HQ is in New York City, we have regional offices in Atlanta, Chicago and Los Angeles, and we have an international office in Belgrade, Serbia.
We pride ourselves on an environment that is fun, collaborative, and rewards hard work. We look forward to the value that future employees will add to our amazing teams!
CompStak is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates employees and applicants of all identities, backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives. We foster a welcoming work environment that supports diversity and inclusion, and we reject discrimination or harassment of any individual. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with any part of the application process, please let us know. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.