Established in 2005 and based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Snap One is a manufacturer and exclusive source of A/V, security, control, networking, and remote management products for professional integrators. An industry leader in the pro-install channel, Snap One helps integrators build their businesses by providing a wide range of high-quality products, easily accessible through an intuitive website and backed by award-winning service and support. With a vast catalogue of today’s most popular brands, Snap One is the premier choice for professional installers across the globe. With 28 pro stores in the US, Snap One blends the benefits of ecommerce with the convenience of local stores. Additional information about Snap One and its products can be found at www.snapone.com.
The Senior Software Engineer in Test will report to the Software Engineering Manager of Smart Cloud Services. The right candidate for this position will be responsible for evaluating and selecting technology and architecture to ensure the quality of our products is best in class. This position will test and validate Java RESTful APIs which enable and leverage Amazon’s AWS cloud infrastructure. You will be automating tests, validating documentation and API contracts, implementing quality into our Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, all in a world-class cloud IoT environment. This position will act as a mentor for the team therefore requires a motivated self-starter as part of a global team who can manage working in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously. The Senior Software Engineer in Test will work cross functionally and should be able to influence other team members without direct authority. This position will be required to work effectively, have proven experience managing priorities and working collaboratively with team members. The successful individual will demonstrate intellectual curiosity, accountability, attention to detail and business acumen.
- Establish and evolve formal QA standards and processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (with emphasis on automated testing)
- Building a proper test strategy based on impact analysis and risk-based approaches.
- Reports defects/issues and works with the team to resolve them according to business priorities
- Provisioning test environments
- Participate in review of SDLC standards, procedures, tools and processes
- Collaborate and communicate with different teams
- Mentor other team members
- 10+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in Test or QA
- Experience with programming languages and object-oriented programming such as Java
- Experience with API testing frameworks, libraries and tools such as JUnit, REST Assured, Postman
- Experience in development and management of test plans and test cases
- Familiar with Risk Based Testing (RBT) and Test Impact Analysis (TIA)
- Experience with bug tracking tools (i.e. JIRA)
- Organizational, qualitative and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform such as GitHub Actions
- Experience with API Documentation tools such as Swagger
- Experience with testing in AWS Environment
- Experience with testing in containerized environments, preferably Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience designing and running stress, load, and performance tests
- Familiar with Agile Software Development (especially SCRUM)